Skip to main content
Topic: What's Tasty In Your Neck Of The Woods? (Read 154 times) previous topic - next topic
What's Tasty In Your Neck Of The Woods?
Well for now the weather in So Cal has been warming up so taking a short walk or drive to a local eatery is very doable.

Today, like almost every Sunday, I find myself sitting around the shop staying out of trouble.

Feeling a bit peckish, I took the short walk to the Pasty Pie Kitchen on Katella in Los Alamitos for one of my very favorite quick and easy delights. A small Beef Pasty Pie.

An old school English meat pie wrapped in a delicate and delicious pastry shell. Ahhh...the wonder and simplicity of it all. Tender, and full of flavor.

The pies are made freshly every day right before your eyes. The beef carved from the bone and mixed with carrots and potatoes the baked in the oven ready when you are. No waiting. Fresh, hot and delicious.

There must be something that makes your mouth water. Some local cuisine you long for. Vegetarian splendor. Fruit filled delight?  Perhaps a meal you only had once and long to repeat.

This is my all time fall back. Beef or Chicken makes no difference it's all good. Open 7 days a week. Just waiting to please.

Mmmm...that was delicious.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: What's Tasty In Your Neck Of The Woods?
Reply #1
"... the Pasty Pie Kitchen.."

Ever research the history of 'Pasties'? They go a long way back... popular with Cornish Miners in the late 1600s like my ancestors. During the '49er rush here in Calif. miners from everywhere settled in towns like Grass Valley and the hunger for Pasties came with them. Even today there are Pasty Shops up in the gold country still making them for sale.   :)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Our favorite restaurant Wallys Chowder House. The best clam chowder and I love the beer batter salmon and chips. But everything is great.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #3
Looks delicious, Kent!

Feeling a bit peckish . . . 

Thanks, Kent, I'm always looking for new Scrabble words and had to look that one up!

There must be something that makes your mouth water. Some local cuisine you long for. Vegetarian splendor. Fruit filled delight?  Perhaps a meal you only had once and long to repeat.

Well, just about ANY baked good from the Madonna Inn In San Luis Obispo is very tasty!

Madonna Inn Bakery

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
Wellllll I've been working my way thru this article one burger at a time.    IMHO nothing says yum like a good burger and beer.

Best burger in Portland Or
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #5
There is a recent arrival in Long Beach, CA called Steel Craft on Long Beach Blvd. It's a group of Steel Cargo containers each catering to one basic food item. Burgers, Waffles, Ramin, Pizza, Shaved Ice and Coffee.

The burgers are wonderful. Try one of the several choices with a fried egg. My daughter loves the Ramin and all they have to offer.

What's on your dinner menu?

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"