Skip to main content
Topic: Outdoor solar nightlight  (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic
Outdoor solar nightlight

Tried this motion activated light at home on the back porch and was impressed enough to try it on the camper. It is very, very bright and covers a large area. It would not be welcomed in the KOA but that's not where we camp anyway.

We favor disbursed camping where it's only us. Sometimes at night, the dog will alert to something. Mostly it's just bears or coyotes, or such , but a light can be nice at times.

Solar Motion Sensor Light, Fugetek FT-38L, Super Bright 38 LED, Genuine LG...

It's mounted just above the entry door with the weight supported by the wide rain gutter. A small tab of Velcro keeps it from falling off because it is top heavy.  It must be removed for travel.  A note on the speedometer reminds me to do so. ( That will work until the first time I forget to put the note up.)😱

Since its solar powered, as long as you're parked with the door generally facing south, the light can stay in place. If not, simply take it down and set it in a sunny place for the day. Actually, since it rarely comes on, I suspect it could stay in place for a few days even if the door is north facing but since taking it off is so easy, I do.

It passed field tests. If it had a sensitivity adjustment that would be better but for 20 bucks what do you expect.

Ed

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Re: Outdoor solar nightlight
Reply #1
Ed,

Perfect addition to exterior lighting. I have been using a smaller patio version for my doogers while they do their dooty out back later in the evening.

I've been thinking that they could make for good perimeter lighting around the LD. They could easily be mounted to a stake or pole and placed wherever you want.

Mine cast a bright single LED that is perfectly bright to illuminate a fair sized area about 12x12' Plus they have a sensor for dusk that turns on a low beam to light the pathway. Once someone passes within about 10' or so the high beam kicks in for about 90 seconds.

I have installed them at my duplex rental (sold) and the tenants loved them. Shopping around you can find my favorite (the silver one in the attatched pics) for about $10.

Great idea, Ed. Solar, especially portable, rocks.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"