Skip to main content
Topic: Dating threads... (Read 672 times) previous topic - next topic
Dating threads...
Is there a way - when viewing the thread list within a forum - to have the date the thread started appear?

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: Dating threads...
Reply #1
Thanks for making this inquiry, Steve! The lack of a dated posts (or even the start of a thread) is a real drawback!
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
The Date/Time is displayed if you hover the mouse over the "1 day ago" etc. shown in the thread list.

The relative time display can be shut off if the moderators don't want that format.  It's a global, not an individual account, setting.

Reply #3
OK, thanks, Michelle! So, to find the start date of a thread, just scroll back to the original post and hover! Got it!  ;)

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
OK, thanks, Michelle! So, to find the start date of a thread, just scroll back to the original post and hover! Got it!  ;)

Oh - I misunderstood the question.  I'll need to do some checking and get back to you.  What I posted shows you the date of the most recent post in a thread.

ETA - yes, if you let the cursor hover over the info at the top of any post, where it says "4 hours ago", "7 months ago", or whatever, the date and time stamp will appear.

If the mods want this changed, they can let us know.

Reply #5
Oh - I misunderstood the question.  I'll need to do some checking and get back to you.  What I posted shows you the date of the most recent post in a thread.

ETA - yes, if you let the cursor hover over the info at the top of any post, where it says "4 hours ago", "7 months ago", or whatever, the date and time stamp will appear.

If the mods want this changed, they can let us know.
Michelle, thanks for the response. I will comment openly so all can see. I think many of us were not aware or least had forgotten (myself included) that hovering over the time of the post would reveal the exact time/date of the post. That should suffice. I'm not sure what you mean by "relative time display". I'm guessing that you mean what you see by hovering would actually be permanently printed in the header of the post??? Then the bottom line question is (and this may have come up before), is it possible to have a permanent time/date visible (non-hoverable) on each post?
Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #6
I'm not sure what you mean by "relative time display".

Chris, the relative time display is "2 hours ago", "4 months ago", etc.,  rather than the date stamp.  It gives the reader the age of a post/thread at a quick glance and the thought is that it makes it easier/quicker for a reader to identify when a thread, post, etc. has some age on it.

Then the bottom line question is (and this may have come up before), is it possible to have a permanent time/date visible (non-hoverable) on each post?

The latter is possible, but you would lose the "2 hours ago", "4 months ago", etc.  It's one or the other.