Skip to main content
Topic: Broken window repair (Read 104 times) previous topic - next topic
Broken window repair
A rock or something flailing around loose on a passing vehicle (I suspect this but doesn't much matter at this point) broke the outer glass on the window just behind the driver's seat on my 2003 RB.  It is shattered into very many small pieces but as as far as I see the inner glass is not cracked.   So I am thinking I could live with this for even a few months after removing the broken glass pending proper repair when/where it can be done.  A few small pieces have fallen out so far but I think if left alone the rest will go soon so better to remove and dispose it. 

I read some Lazydaze companion info and searched this forum.   Looks like Nagco glass is the go to place for replacement windows especially if you are near Southern California (I was recently but now I am near Taos, New Mexico), but there may be others who distribute replacement windows in other areas.  I guess the manufacturer doesn't sell direct to consumers. 

Or perhaps it can be repaired by any number of window repair places.  From what I read on one post the exact tint is not available, even from Nagco.  So It may change most likely a bit lighter.  I am not sure if both glass  parts are tinte or is it something between the glass that is tinted.

So I am trying to figure if this is some very specialized repair? Or does it require a complet new window?  Or could some window repair or auto glass repair place repair it reasonably well.  And will the window need to be removed, repaired, and re installed or might it be done without removing the window?

Thanks for any more ideas or experiences.
Jay Carlson
2003  LD RB
2005 Bigfoot 40MH35LX
rvingjaygwynne.wordpress.com