Skip to main content
Topic: Washing and Waxing... (Read 216 times) previous topic - next topic
Washing and Waxing...
First of all, I did go through the archives to attempt to find information.

At my campground in Puerto Penasco, the manager and his crew will wash and wax your RV (and they do lots of them).  The charge for this service is $1.50/foot and an extra $10.00 to do the roof.  Therefore, I can basically have the RV done for $50.00. 
I had the bottom dark grey area (cargo) bays, etc... re-painted all the way around. 

If I'm correct, the bottom area is fiberglass and the upper body is aluminum. 

The manager uses a  two-step process that he does using ZEP floor cleaner or wax to remove any oxidation, and then waxing with a high quality marine wax.  Has anyone ever done the "ZEP" thing to remove oxidation?  Is this process only good on fiberglass?  My RV is in the desert southwest and stored outdoors, so I want to be sure that the finish is protected and not compromised in any way. 

The ZEP thing makes me a little nervous, so I thought I'd better ask if anyone has either heard of this and/or had experience using this on their Lazy Daze. 

Thanks...
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: Washing and Waxing...
Reply #1
ZEP is a commercial B2B brand name.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Re: Washing and Waxing...
Reply #2
I have seen some videos of people using the Zep products on old faded fiberglass motorhomes and they came out very nice.
But I haven't seen anything about how safe or effective it is on a painted surface.
Lynn and Lori