Skip to main content
Topic: Replacing shower diverter (Read 200 times) previous topic - next topic
Replacing shower diverter
Got my diverter I ordered from camping world last week yesterday. So got off my lazy butt and went out to install it in the ice cold coach. I was expecting it to be worse then the sink faucet to get to. But was pleasantly surprised it was super easy access. The worst part was scraping the old seal off. Probably took 20 minutes for the whole job. I think the chrome looks better than the cream color original.
Lynn and Lori

Re: Replacing shower diverter
Reply #2
I sure agree.  Did you mention in any other posts information on this shower faucet?  And thanks in advance.

I mentioned that I had ordered and received one from CW. But no specifics on the model it's a Phoenix brand.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #3
Got my diverter I ordered from camping world last week yesterday. So got off my lazy butt and went out to install it in the ice cold coach. I was expecting it to be worse then the sink faucet to get to. But was pleasantly surprised it was super easy access. The worst part was scraping the old seal off. Probably took 20 minutes for the whole job. I think the chrome looks better than the cream color original.

Duro, can I ask what model Lazy Daze you have, and how you accessed the plumbing for the diverter.   Turns out I likely face there same task in the very near future.

Thanks,

S-
Steven & Carol Crisp -- 2000 26.5' Blue Mid-Bath named Thistle Dew Too
Our RV Motto:  "No place to be ... and all day to get there"
2024 Adventure: The Great Eclipse Escapade!  HI(Air),NV,AZ,NM,Mason,TX(Totality!) ...

Reply #4
Steve we have a 2002 mid bath. There is a access panel about 6"x 6" right behind the diverter on the wall under the tv cabinet and behind the sofa back cushion. The fittings are just hand tight so they come off easy.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #5
Thanks Duro.

That's certainly good news.  I see a Camping World in my future!  Much obliged.

Liked your TV install too.  Well done.

S-
2024 Adventure: The Great Eclipse Escapade!  HI(Air),NV,AZ,NM,Mason,TX(Totality!) ...

Reply #6
Steve be sure to get yourself a small plastic putty knife for scraping off the old sealant. And rubbing alcohol worked pretty good getting off the residue. Camping World also had a new chrome hose and adjustable shower head on sale. We bought that to.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #7
Thanks again for all of the tips and suggestion.  Duro, I found the same diverter at CW, and got an Oxygenics shower head and hose.  Good news is that, as you noted, installation was easy and it works.  Thanks very much all!

Now I just have a new question regarding the toilet, but I will post that separately.

S-