Skip to main content
Topic: Carpeting on Rear Wall  (Read 197 times) previous topic - next topic
Carpeting on Rear Wall
I have a 2017 Mid-Bath on order, delivery hopefully in May.  The 2017's come without carpeting except for in the cab.  I like the idea of not having carpeting on the floor.  However, I very much liked having carpeting on the rear wall in my 2003 Twin-King.  This prevented stuff from hitting and scuffing up the wall while in transit, and I thought it looked attractive.  I had asked Lazy Daze if they could put carpeting there as an option, but they said "no."  Does anyone have a suggestion how I could accomplish this?  I don't want to put holes into the wall.  I would imagine that gluing carpeting onto the wall would not work.  I wonder if there would be enough room to put a piece of carpet that was somehow attached to a board or cardboard and would fit behind the sofas.  Any suggestions would be welcomed. 

Monica
Monica
2017 MB

Re: Carpeting on Rear Wall
Reply #1
Maybe 2" Velcro strips around the edge of the carpet.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #2
I carpeted my rear wall from the top of the factory carpet, about half way to the window, covering the rest of the surface up to the window.  I used narrow staples to fasten it.  I am in my third year since doing that and it seems fine.  The staple holes are small enough that a few of them would not be noticed if I took the carpet down.  I used a LOT more than a few staples, following the factory's lead in that regard.  If I took the carpet down, I would have to use a bit of filler, sanding, then painting to cover the holes around the edges.

Ken F in NM
'08 MB

Reply #3
I think light upholstery screws like those ment to hold arm covers in place would work while doing the least amount of damage to the wall.  I would be worried that anything  glued or taped to the wallboard would take off a layer.
Something like:
Amazon.com: Dritz 9023 Upholstery Clear Heads Twist Pins, 3/4-Inch, 10-Pack
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath