Skip to main content
Topic: Midwest Storms and Tornados (Read 90 times) previous topic - next topic
Midwest Storms and Tornados
National news showed terrible destruction last night in many areas and states of the Midwest.  As many people know, the LDO Forum has a good many Members who live in these areas.  I sure hope and wish the best for our LDO Forum Amigos.

Re: Midwest Storms and Tornados
Reply #1
Watching the news now. Our thoughts and prayers for all those back in the Midwest!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
We live in Ohio and woke up to tornado warnings this morning.  Fortunately for us, no tornadoes here but some areas had  severe wind damage. We had a small tree land near our LD but no damage.

The damn tornadoes seem to strike at night with little warning. You have to really feel for those who lose everything.

Some of the areas we pass through on our trips out west were in the path of the tornadoes. Even though we weren't affected,  it seems like more than a news story, perhaps more personal when you know the areas.

I am always amazed when I see reports of these tragedies and you see American flags flying over the devastation. The American spirit and will to get back up and rebuild give me hope for the future.

Steve K

Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #3
Lived my whole life in tornado country. Scary things when there are sirens blaring. Had a close call in 1975 when I was 16. Omaha took a big hit. However, in the grand scheme of things it is really bad luck to get hit by one. They just don't in the grand scheme of things, hit many people or stay on the ground long. It's really rare for high population areas to take a hit. More likely some cows and chickens plus a grain silo getting popped.

Hurricanes and earthquakes affect far more people and area during a particular event. However, tornados seem to frighten folks as much if not more.
Ruby, the red 2004 26' RK hauling Dave and Kristine hither and yon