Skip to main content
Topic: Amazon Savings (Read 189 times) previous topic - next topic
Amazon Savings

I just read the following on the Foretravel Forum ...

"Harris surveys more than 23,000 people across six corporate reputation dimensions: Social Responsibility, Emotional Appeal, Products and Services, Vision and Leadership, Financial Performance, and Workplace Environment. We hit a new high-water mark for the 18-year-old survey with a record score of 86.27 and ranked in the top 10 for the ninth consecutive year.

To say 'thank you', we are offering $8.62 off your purchase of $50 or more, for today only. Just insert the promo code BIGTHANKS at checkout. And, be assured, we'll continue working hard for you every day."

So if anyone was planning an Amazon purchase, today might be the day.  And remember to use the Amazon link on the home page of our LD Owners Forum ... which is ----> Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs....

And so it goes.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Re: Amazon Savings
Reply #1
I was skeptical about this . . .

So I made an order of $76.xx, entered the secret code (BIGTHANKS), and a notice came up saying that it didn't apply.

Has anyone actually made this work?

Virtual hugs,

Judie

Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Today: Moros y Christianos ******************************

Reply #3
The fine print. Plus one day only.
A few exclusions: the sale doesn't apply to anything ordered by Alexa, Prime Now, or Amazon's Restaurants service. It also doesn't count sales through certain mobile apps, but if you're just browsing over to Amazon.com or you use the Amazon Shopping App you're in the clear. It also doesn't count video games, gift cards, or digital content like movie rentals.

Now for the biggie: It only works for items that are sold by Amazon.com, not stuff that is only "fulfilled by Amazon." Many Prime-eligible items are like this, so be sure the item page says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."

Reply #4
"The fine print. Plus one day only.
A few exclusions: the sale doesn't apply to anything ordered by Alexa, Prime Now, or Amazon's Restaurants service. It also doesn't count sales through certain mobile apps, but if you're just browsing over to Amazon.com or you use the Amazon Shopping App you're in the clear. It also doesn't count video games, gift cards, or digital content like movie rentals.

Now for the biggie: It only works for items that are sold by Amazon.com, not stuff that is only "fulfilled by Amazon." Many Prime-eligible items are like this, so be sure the item page says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.""

MAYBE one of the exclusion above played into it.  I had a number of things in basket that amounted to $7X.xx.  My husband tried it, also without success, on some books - he ALWAYS has a pile of books he wants - with the same non-success.  And, yes, we were on the right day.

I just presumed it was one of the usual gimmicks that retailers (online and sticks and bricks) put forth, i.e. they get you to their "store", but the "special" is not available for one reason or another, and you think "Aw, shucks . . . I'm already here . . . I'll just get all these items without the special discount".

It's akin to the hoops one must jump through to acquire a "rebate" on a purchased item.  There is no doubt a large percentage of purchases that never need the rebate sent because the purchaser doesn't, for one reason or another, complete the multiple tasks required to effect the rebate.  And then there is the "allow six to eight weeks" announcement, so you are likely to forget that they never sent it anyway.

Too many hoops to organize and then jump through!  ;->  I'm too old for this nonsense.  I tried the Amazon offer once, and it didn't work, so I went on to other, more pleasurable tasks, like taking out the garbage! 

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona
   Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Today:    It Started with Pork Chops