Skip to main content
Topic: Shameful Waste of Resource (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic
Shameful Waste of Resource
Upon leaving a favored eating place a couple of nights ago I was followed by an elderly senior couple. The gentleman, upon noticing my toad's hardware on the front of my CRV, remarked that he also had a similar set-up, i.e. motorhome, toad and the time to travel. Yet he fully admitted that he had not taken it out of his 'side yard' in over five (5) years. Said gentleman allowed as how he had purchased six (6) new tires so that his son could make a trip from the Bay Area to Los Angles and back.

What a waste of resources... I wonder what a potential buyer would be getting himself into should he purchase this unit???

:o  :-[
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: Shameful Waste of Resource
Reply #1
Upon leaving a favored eating place a couple of nights ago I was followed by an elderly senior couple. The gentleman, upon noticing my toad's hardware on the front of my CRV, remarked that he also had a similar set-up, i.e. motorhome, toad and the time to travel. Yet he fully admitted that he had not taken it out of his 'side yard' in over five (5) years. Said gentleman allowed as how he had purchased six (6) new tires so that his son could make a trip from the Bay Area to Los Angles and back.

What a waste of resources... I wonder what a potential buyer would be getting himself into should he purchase this unit???

:o  :-[
It's pretty incredible how many orphaned RVs one sees when driving through non-covenant controlled residential areas and up and down the highways and byways of this country. I think many of them are beyond repair or repairs are too costly and they just rot away.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Shameful Waste of Resource
Reply #2

"...he fully admitted that he had not taken it out of his 'side yard' in over five (5) years....What a waste of resources..."

What a shame. When my Father was still around, his resources were put to good use for about one year and then put up for sale.

As a fire fighter for Los Angeles County, he and his buddies often changed gear every season. (Shameless plug for my Dad here his Fire Station was used for the '70's TV show Emergency...he was even in the pilot episode).

Anyway, for many years he would go from boating one year to RVing the next. Many fire fighters love to modify their homes and gear. He once gutted a perfectly fine Pace Arrow Class A's interior in a few short strokes. Amazing guy.

I now wonder how he would attack a Lazy Daze. I can imagine the look in his eyes as he tried to tear apart its interior.

I'm just the opposite. Keeping things for decades and putting everything to good use the whole while. Still have my high school 10 speed. Rebuilt and a dear traveling companion on many a LD adventure.

Here's to putting things to good use or moving it on to someone who will. Next stop...the bike trails in Zion.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"