Skip to main content
Topic: Review of Fleetwood Jamboree 30D - Motorhome Magazine (Read 151 times) previous topic - next topic
Review of Fleetwood Jamboree 30D - Motorhome Magazine
I'm reading the current issue of this magazine regarding the MH in the subject line.  The GVWR is 14,500 lbs. and the wet weight (water and fuel tanks full, no supplies or passengers) was 13,920 lbs.   The MSRP of the test RV was $129,223.  I'm kind of surprised that something with such limited CCC capacity and that price would even sell.  Then again, I'm not ... sizzle often sells.  And so it goes.

Re: Review of Fleetwood Jamboree 30D - Motorhome Magazine
Reply #1
Even worse, the rear axle was over weight with just water and fuel tanks full and no supplies or passengers!  Yikes!

Jim
LD wanna be
Currently camping on the cheap in my pop-up

Reply #2
When was the last time you looked at those weights when buying your daily driver? This is probably an easy sell to the typical first-time buyer with more money than sense for any unprincipled salesman. They will sell a ton...

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
/soap box mode on

Last night just after I read this review I opened my computer to post a rather long very disappointed review of this review.  As is my habit I planned to sit on it overnight to get it some 'cooking' space in my brain.  You folks beat me to the punch.    I find it unconscionable for Fleewood to produce a out of the gate overloaded RV for sale to the public.  To make matter worse  a popular RV magazine is publishing  a rather glowing review.    The only comment of the weight issue is in a bubble under what's hot/what's not.  Either overlooking the overweight rear axle issue using airline assumed human weights (180pds)  with two adults that's ((14500 - 13920 = 580)  (580 - 360 = 220))  you have 220 pds to play with for loading this RV.   

To put this RV on the road is a hazard to the folks driving it and the rest of the driving public. 

/soap box mode off
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #4
What I find even worse is that the reviewed unit has bunk beds! What is Fleetwood thinking?

I hope this comes with a new electric step; one that includes a digital scale. I can see it now; we need to chose between taking the dog or a full fridge.

What I wonder about is how is this unit much different from the Winebaggo that a former LDer (Todd?) bought last year. I don't recall if he ever replied when someone questioned him about weights for his new rig.

Rigs like this should come with a warning label. Just my $.02.

Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #5
We learned about 'delivered weights' of Mhomes during the intense research before decision to by an LD.  We went to the Hershey RV show for several years in a row, asking very pointed questions about the delivered weights, CCC capacity etc.  The sales folks were conspicuously ill-informed about the subject.  Some even laughed at us when we drilled down to how much CCC was actually available in the monster pass through rear storage compartments, given that we wanted to stay within loading safety specs.  It was a huge exercise in frustration.  And it became more frustrating when we learned the yellow label on the door stating weights does NOT include dealer add-ons (awnings and more).  No wonder we ran screaming from this maddening crowd.  We LOVE our LD, loaded up and way within specs.