Skip to main content
Topic: Replacing decals ? (Read 293 times) previous topic - next topic
Replacing decals ?
My decals and stripes on my 2002 are getting faded. Has anyone replaced theirs? And what is the best way to get the old ones off? Some of the painted areas were faded too. But they came back nicely with polish and lots of elbow grease. But the stripes just won't get the color back.
Lynn and Lori

Re: Replacing decals ?
Reply #1
I have started removing and replacing the  pinstripes on my '92. To remove them I use a product by 3M called a stripe off wheel. It's $32 on Amazon and works pretty well as long as you have some patience! Pretty slow process but very affective. The LD factory carrys most original sizes and colors of replacement striping. Good luck!

Reply #2
JGF,
Out of curiosity what does LD charge for the stripes? And do you know if they are a peel and stick type or the kind you put on with soapy water solution?
Lynn and Lori

Reply #3
The pinstripes are peel and stick and apply easily, with a steady hand of course. They sell it by the foot. Can't remember how much exactly...maybe $1-2/foot for the smaller (3/4"?) striping. The big 3" striping was somewhere in the $3-4/foot range. I may just remove the old 3" stuff on mine and not replace it..

Reply #4
The pinstripes are peel and stick and apply easily, with a steady hand of course. They sell it by the foot. Can't remember how much exactly...maybe $1-2/foot for the smaller (3/4"?) striping. The big 3" striping was somewhere in the $3-4/foot range. I may just remove the old 3" stuff on mine and not replace it..
My pinstripes are really good the 3" stuff not so much. I saw some vinyl restorer stuff online yesterday that I might try before replacing them. Stuff was called Mckee's rv vinyl restorer and was $25 for a 8oz bottle.
Lynn and Lori