Skip to main content
Topic: Last year for traditional stripes? (Read 170 times) previous topic - next topic
Last year for traditional stripes?
I looked in the Pocket Guide but didn't find the last year the traditional stripes were used. Perhaps I just missed it?

I've always liked that paint scheme. To me, it's one of the things that give Lazy Daze that retro look that so many of us like! What was the last year they were used?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Last year for traditional stripes?
Reply #1
I can't find where I read it. But I thought they still offered both paint schemes.
Lynn and Lori

Reply #2
Greg, LD kept the old-style paint scheme available as an option until the last few years, so there is no hard 'transition' point.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Are you saying you can't get the traditional horizontal stripes anymore? That is a big turn off, it's one of my favorite parts and I can't see shelling out the big bucks for a new one without that...
98 MB

Reply #4
When we ordered out '15 TK , in February, 2014, in the Traditional paint scheme, Todd told that was the last one they would be doing.  We had to be insistent about the Traditional. We had previously bought on '08 LD and told a Todd we simply would not accept anything but the Traditional paint.
Bright red. 😱
A terribly impractical color choice for two terribly impractical people.

Whether they have done a Traditional paint job since ours I don't know.
Ed

Reply #5
Good information Ed. It's to bad that they have stopped doing the traditional paint jobs. I personally prefer it over the new one.
Lynn and Lori