Skip to main content
Topic: Interesting Lazy Daze modifications (Read 220 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Interesting Lazy Daze modifications
Reply #1
In addition to the paint it looks the outdoor tv hatch is interesting.  Overall I kind of like the paint job. I prefer the traditional paint more but this looks well thought out.  Wish there were more pics. 
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #3
We've seen this LD before. It's been a few months now as I recollect.

The paint scheme is definitely one of a kind and I, personally, like it quite a bit. However, if for no other reason, I wonder if this is the cause of the slow sell of this otherwise very nice classic Lazy Daze.

After all, the two paint schemes offered by the factory have caused some consternation among LD enthusiasts. So something this special may put off some potential LD hunters.

When it does sell, I wonder how long this sweet paint job will last. I can only imagine that as it is it may be the "ugly ducking" at a LD GTG.

Just sayin' (sadly)...

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #4
After I posted my comment about wishing there were more pics I saw the link.  Looked again this morning.  I overall like what was done.  Not sure about the outdoor tv, but that is where the market is going.  I confess that at gatherings I have watched a super bowl game and some movies and the like outdoors so I can't really point fingers.  I defiantly like this better than a very tired paint job.  I wonder if it is done in two part paint or normal automotive paint.  I hope all the mods are not hiding leak damage.
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
I think it is priced at about 3 times our price guide and 4 1/2 times the Average NADA.   In November 2016 It was at $17,700 without the fancy mark down.  I wondered how much would be lost on the first collision!

I paid $1000 over NADA average for a fair '88MB unit with 56,000 then.

Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #6
"... something this special may put off some potential LD hunters."
---
I believe that "Outside of the Box" modifications, e.g., non-standard paint job, exterior TV, etc.,  can definitely affect the appeal and re-sale value of an "iconic" brand. For a few potential buyers, the departures from the original may not be issues, but, for others, changes like those in the rig in this post would be deal-breakers for those searching specifically for an LD that looks like an LD. If one plans eventual re-sale of one's LD, it would be a good idea to carefully consider making "aberrant" changes.

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #7
"I believe that "Outside of the Box" modifications, e.g., non-standard paint job, exterior TV, etc.,  can definitely affect the appeal and re-sale value of an "iconic" brand. For a few potential buyers, the departures from the original may not be issues, but, for others, changes like those in the rig in this post would be deal-breakers for those searching specifically for an LD that looks like an LD. If one plans eventual re-sale of one's LD, it would be a good idea to carefully consider making "aberrant" changes."

This is very true, but it depends on one's own desires.  If you are buying something and wish to retain utmost original-ness (is that a word?), then a weird paint job would probably not be a good thing.  But if you intend to keep it until it is junkyard fodder, then why not have something unique, if that appeals to you?  Much as I love sunshine yellow, I probably would not want to purchase a motorhome in that color.

Am I seeing right that this unit is on a dealer's lot?  They sometimes are not entirely correctly tuned in to values of their inventory items.  One of the other units shown on our list recently showed the same price for a unit that is 12 years newer.  Without a proper inspection, it is hard to say the value of each unit vis a vis the price tag, but assumptions can probably be safely made to some degree.

Virtual hugs,

Judie  <-- Sierra Vista, Arizona
   Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Today:     Impulse Biscuits

Reply #8
Interesting rig but it has issues.

Almost $18,000 for a 29 year old RV?...yikes!  For that much, a much newer LD can be purchased.
Nice paint, now it looks just like every other Class C. The rest of the LD family will not recognize it. One of the best things about owning an LD is waving at other LDs, when passing on the road.
For a 26' Mid-Bath, it has a very low GVW of 11,500-lbs. Todays Mid-Baths have a GVW of 14,500-lbs. Overloading will be easy with a minimal CCC available.

-Three speed transmission, no overdrive. This impacts mileage and engine life, plus the noise level is increased.
-125 hours on the generator, not many for such an old generator. Generators like and need to by operated regularly for the longest life, not doing so can lead to armature damage, among other things.
-Ford 460 engine- need to check the check the exhaust manifold for warping and shearing of mounting bolts, a very common problem with this engine in RV usage.
-Old, leak-prone, front cap and window.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #9
Larry said, "Nice paint, now it looks just like every other Class C. The rest of the LD family will not recognize it. One of the best things about owning an LD is waving at other LDs, when passing on the road."

Indeed--but of course you're preaching to the choir. ;D

Lynne
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm