Skip to main content
Topic: Possible CL scam -- 27' RB Columbus Ohio (Read 188 times) previous topic - next topic
Possible CL scam -- 27' RB Columbus Ohio
While clicking thru CL this afternoon, I ran across this ad:
USED Lazy Daze 27' Rear Bath
offering a 2000 27' RB for the low, low such-a-deal price of $3000.
My spider sense says that's pretty unlikely.  Tell-tale signs are copy inviting one to "check out the pics!" yet there are no pics other than the one.  No details offered.  Phone number out-of-area (Texas, although with number portability, that's only a warning, not a sure-thing.)  At least there aren't palm trees in the background.

So if you're tempted to check it out, proceed with caution.  In addition to stealing your money, scammers may also be interested in your phone number and email address for spam purposes.  If it turns out they have swiped your rig's picture, you're within your rights to pursue a DCMA take-down as well.

It's always possible, of course, that it's a legitimate deal.  (Theoretically.)  If that turns out to be true, well then congrats.

Chip

2000 Front Lounge

Re: Possible CL scam -- 27' RB Columbus Ohio
Reply #1
It has been removed.
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Reply #2
Indeed.  I know I flagged it -- must not have been the only one.

As is often the case in these scams, the same ad will pop up all over the country as time goes on.

Chip
2000 Front Lounge

Reply #3
I had searched several different cities in my quest to replace my burned out beauty and ran across this a few times.   Pic and price were always the same, each ad had only the one pic.   The very short descriptions did vary a bit.  

Sad
Judy