Skip to main content
Topic: Luci Lights (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic
Luci Lights
Not as rat or theft deterrents, but Luci lights are popular as outdoor "night lights" for the RV. The soft vinyl solar lights fold down into a compact "disc", are not expensive, charge quickly, and provide quite a bit of light. There are clear and colored options, including a Luci that changes colors. The only drawback that I've found with mine is that, even fully blown up, it tends to lose air and "slump" more quickly than it should. (IMO)

MPOWERD | Luci Inflatable Solar Lights

These are available on Amazon and from other vendors, but this board offers a direct link to the "A" site!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Luci Lights
Reply #1
Another 'issue' we've found is that the materials don't hold up in SoCal summer heat. Both ours had the plastic disintegrate within 2 years. Odd for a product designed to charge every day and provide night-time illumination in harsh 3rd-world environments.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Interesting, Steve! The Luci that I have is the same vintage, and I haven't experienced any disintegration of the vinyl.  I will watch for it, though; thanks for the heads up!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
Joan, note that our use more parallels 3rd-world, as we used them every day at home, too. Since the electronics/battery/LEDs survived just fine, there could be a small industry for someone in repackaging the works...

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit