Skip to main content
Topic: Some may love it, some might think it tacky (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic
Some may love it, some might think it tacky
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: Some may love it, some might think it tacky
Reply #1
Two thoughts
1. How large is the electric bill?
2. All I could think is where do you store all that stuff when you are not using it.
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #2
All I could think is where do you store all that stuff when you are not using it.

Stuff and more stuff.  Christmas stuff, Halloween stuff, Easter stuff, Thanksgiving stuff, birthday party stuff ... STUFF!  And stuff needs to be packed, stored, cleaned, and fixed.  And we have too much stuff at our B&S.  It's one reason I try to keep our LD stuff-less.  The older I get the less stuff I need or want.  But at the end of the day, STUFF is not my domain.  STUFF belongs to DW.  And so it goes.

Reply #3
Stuff and more stuff.  Christmas stuff, Halloween stuff, Easter stuff, Thanksgiving stuff, birthday party stuff ... STUFF!  And stuff needs to be packed, stored, cleaned, and fixed.  And we have too much stuff at our B&S.  It's one reason I try to keep our LD stuff-less.  The older I get the less stuff I need or want.  But at the end of the day, STUFF is not my domain.  STUFF belongs to DW.  And so it goes.

Amen to that Ed.  As one gets older, the possessions seem more and more to become the possessors!
Bill
2003 -- 23' FL

Reply #4
And not one flamingo on a stick.  It looks incomplete.
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #5
When I was young, a neighbor would decorate his home for Christmas. He went all out.

The front yard and roof were covered in yards of artificial snow. There was a wishing well for charity coin tosses, a full sized sleigh, garland, lights, Santa and reindeer. Every inch was covered in Holiday Cheer.

Everyone from miles around would stand and toss coins in the fountain and breath in the Joys of the Season. It was a truly spectacular yearly occurrence and we all looked forward to its arrival.

As with many spectacles, it abruptly ended. It was years before I learned why. It was not good, but the memories of those days remain.

I truly enjoy a well decorated yard during the Holidays. If I could get as elaborate as Don's photo, I would, but I can't. So I make due with some simple lights to show my respect for the season. I do what I can.

With that, I do concur with others who prefer to downsize and eliminate. I do my best but as I clear a corner a vacuum develops and the void is soon filled.

What can ya do, right? Enjoy the Season and don't sweat the small stuff.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"