Skip to main content
Topic: Cab privacy curtain question (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab privacy curtain question
Merry Christmas from Saint James, MO.

I'm a new LD owner and just trying to familiarize myself with my 30 foot 2002, rear queen.
Beneath the overhead and around the seating area is a track for a privacy curtain.
My rig did not come with the curtains. Can some share a photo of a LD with drawn curtains.
I may try to purchase these from he manufacture or have a set made.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
2002 30' IB

Re: Cab privacy curtain question
Reply #1
Merry Christmas from Saint James, MO.

I'm a new LD owner and just trying to familiarize myself with my 30 foot 2002, rear queen.
Beneath the overhead and around the seating area is a track for a privacy curtain.
My rig did not come with the curtains. Can some share a photo of a LD with drawn curtains.
I may try to purchase these from he manufacture or have a set made.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Mark, if you go to this link http://www.lazydazeowners.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=25 you will see the cab curtains (but mostly closed) and also will see how I used drapes to make cab divider and door drape to block out the cold. The photos are kind of spread about in the album, but you can figure that out.
Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Did you make or purchase the curtains in the attached photo.
2002 30' IB

Reply #3
I made an insulating drape to go between the cab and the "house" from a 50 x 60 throw with fiberfill inside (Goodwill) and a quilt top made from bits of colorful batik. Not to brag (it was my first quilting project) but here's a picture.

It got down to 31 degrees here outside overnight and we didn't die, so I guess it works. DH has also been rolling up a sheepskin and putting it in the step down to the door, which also keeps out some cold.

fu
2015TK
fu
2015TK

Reply #4
DH made a "T"-shaped form out of Reflectix that we put behind the front seats and in back of the down quilt that hangs from the mattress.  This helps to keep the cold from the floor of the cab out of the main cabin.

If you are prone to walking around at night in the dark, be sure that whatever you put in the stairwell will not fool your sleepy eyes into thinking that there is a solid barrier to the stepwell.  A misstep there could be a real problem.

Virtual hugs,

Judie   < -- wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and/or whatever . . .

Reply #7
Did you make or purchase the curtains in the attached photo.
Those are the stock, cab curtains. Unless Chris has replaced them.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
We replaced our cab curtains with new ones from the supplier LD uses. We contacted LD, who referred us to the supplier, then worked with them to get new curtains, which were easy to hang.

Terry
2003 26.5'RB
Gardnerville, NV
Terry
2003 26.5'RB
Gardnerville, NV

Reply #9
We replaced our cab curtains with new ones from the supplier LD uses. We contacted LD, who referred us to the supplier, then worked with them to get new curtains, which were easy to hang.

Terry
2003 26.5'RB
Gardnerville, NV

Thank you. Can I ask how much the supplier charged?
2002 30' IB

Reply #10
The 'supplier' is a woman located near the Mothership who's name I do not recall at the moment. I also have had her make a replacement set of curtains. I believe I still have the originals and with any luck may also have her name and address. First thing tomorrow I'll go take a look and will report back.  :)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #11
The 'supplier' is a woman located near the Mothership who's name I do not recall at the moment. I also have had her make a replacement set of curtains. I believe I still have the originals and with any luck may also have her name and address. First thing tomorrow I'll go take a look and will report back.  :)

Thank you!
Mark
2002 30' IB

Reply #12
I was somewhat dismayed this morning when I went searching through my LD for the information you seek. I did not find it!

However, after activating my grey matter I concluded that I may have moved it to my garden shed, and there, lo and behold I came upon the box in question.

The ladies name is "Verne" and her enterprise is called "Creative Draperies-Bedding". I have had some correspondence 'return to sender' for unexplained reason/s because I was quite sure I had used the correct address, which is:

Creative Draperies
1718 Hillside,
**P.O. Box 5024**
Norco CA 92860
951-735-2705

It's that P.O. Box that seems to be suspect as the returned correspondence said, "Not at Box 5024". So go figure!

Perhaps a phone call to the above number will produce the best results, a method I did not try.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #13
I was somewhat dismayed this morning when I went searching through my LD for the information you seek. I did not find it!

However, after activating my grey matter I concluded that I may have moved it to my garden shed, and there, lo and behold I came upon the box in question.

The ladies name is "Verne" and her enterprise is called "Creative Draperies-Bedding". I have had some correspondence 'return to sender' for unexplained reason/s because I was quite sure I had used the correct address, which is:

Creative Draperies

Thank you. I shall give them a call.
1718 Hillside,
**P.O. Box 5024**
Norco CA 92860
951-735-2705

It's that P.O. Box that seems to be suspect as the returned correspondence said, "Not at Box 5024". So go figure!

Perhaps a phone call to the above number will produce the best results, a method I did not try.
2002 30' IB

Reply #15
Love your quilt, fu!
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #16
I have updated the address and cost of cab curtains in The Companion
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #17
Thanks for the cab curtain update!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #18
You could also order from Sears or jc penny's or a local drapery shop.  The most economical way would be  "made-to-measure".  The ones in our 1985 multiplan have a self blackout lining. I threw them in the dryer on air and they came out fine.

Reply #19
What happened to my post?

Reply #20
"You could also order from Sears or jc penny's or a local drapery shop.  The most economical way would be  "made-to-measure".  The ones in our 1985 multiplan have a self blackout lining. I threw them in the dryer on air and they came out fine."
----
??? This one? On my laptop, it shows as Reply #18 right above your post (Reply #19) asking what happened to the other one!  ;)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #21
Yes. The second post was written about two days after the first one.

Reply #22
I did not see it on my kindle by the time I wrote the second post.