Skip to main content
Topic: Trailer Life readers' "best" lists (Read 568 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trailer Life readers' "best" lists
Reply #1
I agree with a few of their findings, like the Honda Generator which I don't need and  Michelin tires.  So far in life, we've not been disappointed in any Honda products to include my Old Red.  Sadly Old Red has been with a new owner for a long time.  And so it goes.

Reply #2
Wow, I am so out of step with the TL readership. Other than a Honda e2000 amdMichwlin tires, there nothing there for me.  Different drummer.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #3
I agree with a few of their findings, like the Honda Generator which I don't need and  Michelin tires.  So far in life, we've not been disappointed in any Honda products to include my Old Red.  Sadly Old Red has been with a new owner for a long time.  And so it goes.

You look verrry fast in that photo, Ed!  :)

I can also agree with some of their results but not most. Wish we had Cracker Barrel here in California!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
I agree with their fifth wheel hitch...we had that particular one and it's a very nice hitch.  Of course, that's not relevant to anyone here! 

Although we've eaten at Cracker Barrel in the past, we no longer do so for reasons other than the food, which we liked.

Most of the other stuff we don't use, except we do have a Norcold refrigerator and a Winegard Trav'ler.
Linda Hylton

Reply #5
Hi Joan,
Color me slow on the uptake, I have been meaning to ask what YMMV means.  Thanks

Reply #6
YMMV=Your mileage may vary 😉

Wishing for Cracker Barrel in Calif too 😋
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #7
Talked to a CB store manager once in Scottsdale, AZ. He said that Cracker Barrel would never come to Calif. because of high labor costs.   :'(
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #8
Having never held magazine surveys in high regard I'm not surprised I differ in the choice other TL folk make. 

personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #11
Talked to a CB store manager once in Scottsdale, AZ. He said that Cracker Barrel would never come to Calif. because of high labor costs.  :'(

I have no dog in the fight but .....  There are two Cracker Barrels in California.   

Cracker Barrell
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #12
Where Colddog?
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #13

"...I have no dog in the fight but .....  There are two Cracker Barrels in California..."

Years ago, there was a Cracker Barrel on the Long Beach/Lakewood boundary on Lakewood Blvd here in So Cal.

There was some discussion on line about its relationship to the Corporate Entity. It appears the two are unrelated. Distant or Kissing Cousins perhaps. Or perhaps something akin to the current sit-com "Fresh Off The Boat" a purloined likeness for personal gain. Who knows?

Personally, I ate there twice in my life. The last time with my DW and daughter. We never went back. Mc D's is there now along with, I believe, a Chevron station.

Oh well, things change.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #14
Thanks, Chris.

Reply #15
" There are two Cracker Barrels in California."

They must be exceptionally well hidden... even Cracker Barrels web site does not show a Cal. location.   :(
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #16
" There are two Cracker Barrels in California."

They must be exceptionally well hidden... even Cracker Barrels web site does not show a Cal. location.  :(

<sigh> looks like I got fooled.   Did a search - got this page.   Cracker Barrel Near Me in California - Store Hours, Locations and Phone Numbers     Assumed (yes I know what assume means) without digging deeper.    Guess I'll have to take a timeout in the connor. 

TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #18
For many of us who travel the 15 through Victorville California, the "Restaraunt Row" along the freeway has become a sign of growth in the area over the past few decades.

My folks retired to Apple Valley many years ago so it was a common practice for us to jump in the car and pick a place to eat.

Often times we would find ourselves pulling off the 15 to take advantage of the varied Restaraunt Chains. Just as often though we would stay in AV and visit the local eateries to sample their cuisine.

Now that my folks are no longer with us, I will be looking for the Cracker Barrel sign. I'll have pleasant memories of my folks and I'm certain that they would have chosen it as a place to gather the kids.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #19
"Now that my folks are no longer with us, I will be looking for the Cracker Barrel sign. I'll have pleasant memories of my folks and I'm certain that they would have chosen it as a place to gather the kids."

Kent, I'll be there right along with ya! Although I'm not quite ready for the Rocking Chair, I found it most relaxing this day!
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #20
I have used the ProtectAll products with good results. Especially the single use impregnated pads for keeping the hood free of bugs. Good product for the western states that lack water. Another good idea I got from bumper.

ADCO covers are quality. Tho seldom use ours.

Dreaming here. Would love to have a double wide refer that takes up no more space than the one we have. Room to shop at Costco while on the road.

Cracker Barrell? Gag.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #21
Dreaming here. Would love to have a double wide refer that takes up no more space than the one we have. Room to shop at Costco while on the road.
Cracker Barrell? Gag.
Contact the builder of Dr. Who's TARDIS time travel machine. They have methods to vastly increase the interior space of small containers, including telephone booths.
TARDIS - Wikipedia

They may also be able to provide RVs with football stadium-sized interiors, without slides.

Larry
Not a fan of Cracker Barrel's cookie cutter restaurants.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #22

Cracker Barrell? Gag.

Not a fan of Cracker Barrel's cookie cutter restaurants.

And that's the great thing about America, we have the freedom to make that choice!  If ya don't like it, ya don't have to eat there!  ;D

Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #23
Coincidental to this thread, yesterday, while I was doing some grocery shopping I happened to come across an unfamiliar brand... Cracker Barrel! Whether or not it is affiliated with the restaurant chain I do not know but the box had the same logo as the company. The product being offered was Mac and Cheese which I know to be one of CBs hot menu items.   ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #24
"Cracker Barrel" is a trademark of Kraft Foods. They've been using the name for their cheddar (primarily) and other cheese products for more than 60 years. Cracker Barrel restaurants are unrelated, and in fact were sued by Kraft a few years back when they brought out a line of deli foods with the Cracker Barrel name. Don't know how lawsuit that turned out, but since Kraft has marketed macaroni and cheese under their Cracker Barrel trademark for quite a few years, I'd be surprised if the Cracker Barrel restaurants could get away with putting a competing product on the shelves.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"