Skip to main content
Topic: For Those Green Thumbed LDers  (Read 170 times) previous topic - next topic
For Those Green Thumbed LDers
Now here's something of interest. I always get "stuff" of interest in my In Box and some things are worth sharing.

Here's one that piqued my interest. Perhaps it will do the same for some of you.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I don't know who these folks are or how well it works or even if the systems are available yet.

The video is a bid for venture capital so save your money and just enjoy the show.

Doesn't take up much space, but probably not a perfect fit for a LD. But the video is intriguing.

https://youtu.be/QNmI2kA1htY

Worth a peak anyway.

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: For Those Green Thumbed LDers
Reply #1
Hmmmmmm...

I wonder if it might be targeted toward those who would like to smoke their crop?  Grow your own in your college dorm?

Naaah.  Probably for growing barley to make beer? Coffee plants for the morning brew?

Good fun.  Keep us posted on how it works for you!

HD
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Re: For Those Green Thumbed LDers
Reply #2
I saw (online) that someone had a planter in the back of their RV, above their hitch in a box.  They had either created or somehow had a metal box that went across the RV and held in the planter.  They grew fresh veggies there.  That got me dreaming.... There are vertical planters that use rock wool to grow the items in lighter and not as much space compared to dirt planters - overall they take up less space (about 2' square ish and 4-5' tall) - yeah that is a lot in RV worlds, but... It got me thinking....
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.