Skip to main content
Topic: Name of your rigs (Read 1150 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Name of your rigs
Reply #50
What a great story!   Thanks for sharing.  Now we just need to find out where all the good restaurants are located! 

Reply #51
About a year and a half ago we were kicking around ideas like "Blue Ox" etc. but didn't come up with any name we liked so well.  My cousin suggested "Dooger", I think he may have also called his son's dog Dooger.    My wife somehow changed it to "Doogie".  I liked Dooger better, but Doogie it is.

I occasionally see another LD and talk to the owner.  Some of them are on this forum.   Not very many LD sightings as you get farther from the west coast.   I saw a few around the Pacific Northwest last summer.  We were in the same campground in Astoria as John and Kathy who were next to us last March at Morrow Bay.   I plan to stay in the Southwest this winter so maybe I'll run into some of you.
Jay Carlson
2003  LD RB
2005 Bigfoot 40MH35LX
rvingjaygwynne.wordpress.com

Reply #52
"  My wife somehow changed it to "Doogie".  I liked Dooger better, but Doogie it is."

Good choice, wife. Dooger sounds too much like Booger. 😉

Reply #53
We can not take credit for the name, it came to us already named and much to the delight to my wife, not so much for her burley ex football lineman husband......Blue Daisy. Yes or 2010 MB is blue and she wears the name plate proudly on her ladder.

Lar

Reply #54
"  My wife somehow changed it to "Doogie".  I liked Dooger better, but Doogie it is."

Good choice, wife. Dooger sounds too much like Booger. 😉
That's what she said.   :D

But I think Doogie may sound too much like Loogie.  So they both suck.  I like the "built for the sun catchers" metal plate by the door, but it is more a name for the owner than the RV.
Jay Carlson
2003  LD RB
2005 Bigfoot 40MH35LX
rvingjaygwynne.wordpress.com

Reply #55
"Albatross" for our gray TK.  Long-distance soaring bird, mostly white with gray markings. Seemed appropriate for our long trips and colors.  And, the secondary meaning of a dead weght one must carry comes into play when I cut the check for the monthly storage fee or slide my card in the gas pump for the second time each fillup.  🤑 -- Jon & Loni
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #56
Jon & Loni,
Very appropriate!  I love it.