Skip to main content
Topic: Visiting family along the way (Read 138 times) previous topic - next topic
Visiting family along the way
After a lifetime of extensive business travel, we came to the conclusion that we just enjoy travel. In fact, after running through several non-travel bucket list experiences, we decided to really start traveling. This year we will be on the road 11 of 12 months, half in B&Bs in Europe, half in our LD.

The LD is our favorite, because we always have our familiar bed, a few Bobbie items, appliances, and more clothes with us.

But the best part of travel, here or there,  as many of you here already know, is the opportunity to visit friends and family along the way. We have a family that is really spread out, like many of you. And they are a little busy with jobs and children, so don't manage to get up to visit us very often.

It is a real pleasure to use our time and mobility to go visit them. Each stop gives a little structure to our travel plans. Yet with the RV we get to stay in our own world and not impose on theirs. We count our blessings.

Who else travels in their LD to keep the family bonds strong?
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Re: Visiting family along the way
Reply #1
Where will your travels in Europe take you Paul? 😊

Cynthia
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #2
We go to France to see mom, sister, uncle. Germany to see daughter.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #3
Paul, that sounds like a ton of fun.  Wow!  Your family is spread out.  Hubby and I have never had super close families, but we would like different for our kids.  Visiting family is not the reason why we travel, but it is something that I am looking forward to.  None of our parents are around, but I would love to reconnect with cousins etc that I knew as a kid.  We haven't started full timing yet, but because we have traveled my kids have friends that they know in Ohio, Texas and Colorado, I think it is good for them to keep those connections as well as meeting their cousins etc. 

So for us visiting family and friends is just a benefit to our travels. 

-Rebecca
Rebecca in WA
2016 mid-bath
"Ramirez"