Skip to main content
Topic: First glitch I have seen with this forum (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic
First glitch I have seen with this forum
I wanted to add some information to a post about Fogged Windows. I got a warning that the last post to the topic was over 120 days ago and didn't I want to start a new topic. I did not. My reasoning is that we only need one Fogged Windows topic. So I posted to the old topic, then found it did not show up as a new post. So I started a new topic, grumble, so that folks could see it.

Perhaps this protocol is desired by many, but not by me.

Facebook just advised that my 71st birthday is tomorrow.
1) Being 71 may explain why I resist having many different topics for the same topic.
2) It's nice that Facebook calculates my age for me.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: First glitch I have seen with this forum
Reply #1
Don, your post shows up in the older forum, as does the separate, new, post you made.
Linda Hylton

Reply #2

"... we only need one Fogged Windows topic...Facebook just advised that my 71st birthday is tomorrow....It's nice that Facebook calculates my age for me..."

Don,

It's good that Facebook can keep you up to date. Happy Birthday. I hope they got it right.

Over the years, either my mind is going or my math skills have begun to slip since on several occasions I had miscalculated my age in favour of my younger self.

When pulling into Zion from the tunnel end a year ago, the Ranger informed me that I had celebrated my 62nd and was eligible for my coveted Senior Pass. What ho! That made my day. Although I had gained another year and never saw it coming.

LD's can make one a bit youthful. Something I can definitely use.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
Happy birthday Don!
I have nothing on foggy Windows
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #4
I wanted to add some information to a post about Fogged Windows. I got a warning that the last post to the topic was over 120 days ago and didn't I want to start a new topic. I did not. My reasoning is that we only need one Fogged Windows topic. So I posted to the old topic, then found it did not show up as a new post. So I started a new topic, grumble, so that folks could see it.

Perhaps this protocol is desired by many, but not by me.

Don,

A post shows up as new to everyone except the author of that post..  The forum assumes the author read what they wrote, therefore it's not "new" to them ;)  It will also show up in the New Posts list if folks are using that view.

The forum suggests starting a new topic as a courtesy since it might make more sense to be in a category-specific board rather than the archive of the Yahoo Group posts.

Michelle

Reply #5
OK, got the New deal now.

Also got that topics like Fogged Windows which are going to be around as long as there are RV's, should be assembled, edited and moved to The Companion for easy reference - WHEN, and only when, definitive solutions are found. So far, all I have seen for windows are places where the service is offered, but no one has had the work done by them.

We did it for Coffee and Eternabond, maybe we can develop like info for fogged windows.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy