Skip to main content
Topic: Where to mount HF screwdriver ham radio antenna? (Read 90 times) previous topic - next topic
Where to mount HF screwdriver ham radio antenna?
I'm guessing most folks are mounting their antenna to the ladder? If you are mounting the antenna to the ladder how are you routing the coax and control wiring?  I'm only interested in operating while stationary....although I might have a 2 meter antenna for travel.

TNX and 73...de...Fred  N9TA   (Planning at this point....I retire in 3 years and want to fulltime)

Re: Where to mount HF screwdriver ham radio antenna?
Reply #1
I'm guessing most folks are mounting their antenna to the ladder? If you are mounting the antenna to the ladder how are you routing the coax and control wiring?  I'm only interested in operating while stationary....although I might have a 2 meter antenna for travel.
I have used Blue Sea Cableclams for years, they come in three sizes and will accommodate all the commonly used coax  diameters .
Blue Sea Systems CableClam
clamshell | LMR-400 cable enters through a BLUE SEA SYSTEMS … | Flickr
Amazon.com : Blue Sea Systems CableClam, 0.68-Inch : Boating Electrical...
Besides the Cableclams, the refrigerator vent is another often used entry point.

The ladder is a good spot for telescoping antenna that can be dropped, while traveling, and then raised, when parked.
Directional cellular antenna | Flickr

Larry
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze