Skip to main content
Topic: Mothership starts work on our baby (Read 1377 times) previous topic - next topic
Mothership starts work on our baby
April 11th we put 4K down for the purchase of a silver 2017 27' RB.  September 6th I visited with Todd at LD and he said we were next inline for our build to start.  Hoping for a mid January delivery.

Re: Mothership starts work on our baby
Reply #1
That's exciting news.  Plenty of time to plan your first trips, if you haven't already!

Reply #3
We visited LD about three years ago and talked with Todd.  We told him we were going to buy  but were unsure when.  He suggested we put our name on his list and adjust the time out as needed.  In time things looked favorable so we tightened up on the date and did the deal in April.  This worked great for us and probably saved us some time.  We plan years in advance and in doing so, we are like kids waiting for Christmas.  Over the years I've found its some times more fun to want things, than to have things.  Not sure that applies to LD's cause it's been painful not having some RV wheels under us.

Reply #4
17LDFUN,

Super congrats! My DW and I waited nearly 20 years to re-enter the RVing life.

I can't believe that we have had our new LD for almost a year now. Like they say, "Time flys when you're having fun". And we've been having a blast. I'm sure you will too.

Enjoy your new LD. For me, it's been like Christmas around the house every day since I pulled "Miss B. Haven" in the driveway last October. Best gift I've ever gotten myself.

Biggest too.

Kent

2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #5
Have u received your LD bible?  We ordered ours about a month later & Todd told us he needed to make changes in the document and we would receive ours when changes were complete.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #6
Congratulations!  I tried to place an order for a new Lazy Daze over a year ago.  I was told that I had to be placed on a waiting list to order.  In June 2016 I was finally able to place the order and sent in my $4,000 deposit check.  Lazy Daze still hasn't cashed the check and won't until they receive the chassis, which should be soon.  Todd said I should have my 2017 Mid-Bath sometime between April and June.  So there still is a long wait for new Lazy Dazes.

Monica
Monica
2017 MB

Reply #7
"...Lazy Daze still hasn't cashed the check and won't until they receive the chassis, which should be soon... So there still is a long wait for new Lazy Dazes..."

Monica

I still remember when our '15 chassis was delivered to the Mothership. My brother had just driven out to visit from Oregon. Where did I take him? You bet. We drove out there straight away and saw 6 new chassis  lined up out in back.

Todd led me to mine and I climbed in the drivers seat. I suppose that's when things started to become "very real".

That was the last time I saw 'er until "delivery day". My DW didn't want to see 'er until it was completed. I played along and held my breath. Ouch!

Glad I waited because it was pure magic when we finally walked around the corner at the factory and laid eyes on her. Awestruck...completely.

Enjoy the wait...it's kinda fun.

Kent

Reply #8
I received the book about a month ago but only after calling Todd.  It was the 37th edition and found some of the information dated so I would think the 38th edition is still waiting for updates.  If I were you I'd call Todd and get your LD fix, dated or not.

Reply #9
Interesting..

Could be some wait for a rewrite. My manual is not current (also the 37th edition) with my 2015 RB, but is acurrate enough to include my LED lighting.

So far, so good.

Kent

Reply #10
I agree,  the book is a great source information for the LD product.  One item not changed  was the rear trailer plug now being six pin, not 4 pin as shown.  Also the transmission is now 6 speed not 5 speed as the book reports.  Not a big deal unless you're setting up your toe vehicle and install a 4 pin plug.

Reply #11
We put our $ down on 1st of May.  Our invoice number was 8900.  We were wondering what was your invoice number so we could estimate when we might get ours?  Is there built rate still 10 or so a month?
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #12
Ordered 01-13-2014, invoice 8843.
Delivered 02-27-2015, serial  5555.

Congrats on your purchase! 

Steve
2015 TK

Reply #13
Placed our order: 9/4/14 27' RB

Invoice # 8865

Delivery: 10/27/15

14 months

Kent

Reply #14
We placed our order 4-11-16 and our invoice number was 8898.

Reply #15
Thanks for the reply!  Looking back to our first LD, our invoice was number 8191 dated in May 2004.  Our new invoice number is 8900 dated in May 2016.  My math says they have built approximately 700 LDs in 16 years or an average of 40-45 a year or 3 to 4 a month.  Of course, the Mothership could have changed their numbering sequence.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #16
Hopefully, you have received your pickup date from the factory.  Please let us know how it goes.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #17
We just visited the mother ship to see how things were going with the build.  Todd told us we are looking at a mid March delivery as our 27' RB is number 5 for paint. 

Reply #18
8865 here. Order placed 9/4/2014. 27' RB and a 14 month gestation period.

Almost 6,000 miles and still running strong.

Congratulations.

Kent

Reply #19
Visited with Todd 5 days ago and are now looking at a March 24th delivery for our 27' RB.  We put our money down April 11, 2016 so it looks like the current build time is about 49 weeks.  We are so organized for this, it's going to look like a NASCAR pit stop when we hit the road.

Reply #20
Glad to hear of the firm completion date.  I am 8897 and had last heard a "Mid to end of March" timeframe.
This will be my third LD.  Bought a 30' TB 2003.  It got damaged in Hurricane Katrina.  Mothership repaired, but I sold it
a year later.  Bought a used 2003 30' IB.  This one is a 27' MB. I am pacing the floor to pick her up.  Your excitement is contagious.

Charlie
Charlie Gary
2016 Subaru Forester

Reply #21
The firm date I got from Todd was subject to change which is all part of the LD experience and why I love doing business with them.  The weather might impact  the paint process or whatever.  Bottom line is, Its done when its done but its hard having Christmas Eve everyday for the last two month.

Reply #22
Our number is 8900 and Todd told us early to mid April a month ago.  Waiting impatiently for our second LD to be completed.  Where is number 8899?
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Reply #23
"The firm date I got from Todd was subject to change"

With our '15, the 'firm date" moved from January, to February, to March, to April. It was ready for pickup in early May. :o

I guess there are different degrees of 'firm'.   ;)

Ed

Reply #24
Visited with Todd today about our delivery date and firm has changed to solid for March 24th.  Our 27' RB is in primer now heading for some color over the next week.