Skip to main content
Topic: 6'4....will it be comfortable? (Read 261 times) previous topic - next topic
6'4....will it be comfortable?
Hi, I'm considering the purchase of my first 27' LD; however, I'll need to travel to see one in person, so I'm soliciting input as to the comfort of a tall rider.  Will the drivers seat go back far enough; will I hit my head on objects protruding from the ceiling; will the rear sofa bed be long enough?  Thanks for your help.

Re: 6'4....will it be comfortable?
Reply #1
Overlander,

I am 6' 1" and can recline in the drivers seat very comfortably in my 27' RB. Not the case for me in the 27' MB as the fridge was behind the drivers seat.

I sleep on the drivers side sofa/bed but still have to run the drivers seat forward in order to "stretch out".

Here is a link to LD's website. All the stats in ceiling height and couch/cushion and sleeper mattress size are listed as well as the current floor plans available.

Motorhome Dealer | Low Profile Motorhome | RV Manufacturer | Quality Motorhome

Good luck,

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
The previous owner of our MB is 6'4".  He claims it was comfortable. But YMMV.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #3
I am 6'4" and the LD MB fits me just fine.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #4
Thanks guys for the helpful info.   The high interior height is what initially introduced me to the world of LDs, and It's reassuring to hear that it will work out....Now to find the one!  Thanks again.

Reply #5
I'm not an owner yet, but here are my observations from visiting the showroom: 
I'm 6' 4 1/2" and I soundly hit  my head on the air conditioner in a 27 foot MB in the showroom.  The ceiling is close, but no contact.  The driver seat seems relatively comfortable for my knees, but I can't recline it much or slide it back as far as I can in my F350 Crew Cab.  I don't hit my head, or my hat on the cab ceiling.  As usual, my feet will hang off the end of the bunk, but sleeping on a Thermorest Dream Time has helped the situation in our previous RV's.  I will miss the 7 foot and higher ceilings in our fifth wheel and Lance camper, but am still looking forward to the Lazy Daze.

Since you said "tall rider" I will add that most motorcycle seats are too low and cramped as well.  R1200GS  is perfect!
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #6
6'6" MB owner here.  I sleep on the passenger side read couch and sometimes hang my toes over in the space in front of the mirrored closet. 

I hit my head on the A/C, but not on the ceiling (barely).  My head sticks nicely into the skylight hole over the shower. 

I'm comfortable driving the MB, but I suspect that varies quite a bit depending on how much of you is torso, how much is legs, and how far back you want to lean.  The amount of leg above the knee (femur) vs below (tibia and fibula) can have an impact too. 

I find the LD to be more comfortable to live and sleep in than any other RVs even close to the same size.

Rich
'03 MB in NC
2003 MB

Reply #7
My little brother is over 6'6" and 270 pounds; the first (and only) time he came into my TK (same interior height as all models), he smacked his head on the top of the door frame, then again on the AC.  Much cussing and yelling and head rubbing and vocalizing about why I had gotten such a "tiny" RV! (Because I'm not 6'6"?) I got him out before he did any more damage to himself or the rig.

The seat and sleeping positions and interior height may work for some very tall people; for others, the size and/or height and configurations are deal breakers; I suggest checking out dimensions in an actual LD before assuming that it will be a fit for you
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
My hubby is only 6'2' but has a very long torso. He can't sit in cars without his head brushing the ceiling. He drives a Ford pickup for that reason. He fits OK driving our 2004 midbath. He didn't fit at all in our 1992  midbath.

We make the the rear sofas into a king size bed and it is very long. I forget the measurements. It is a huge bed which suits us as he is 250 lbs and we sleep with two dogs as well. Only issue is I have to climb over him to get in and out but definitely worth it in my opinion. Of course it's the same problem people have that sleep in the cabover.
2004 MB