Skip to main content
Topic: Seller "Best practices" (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic
Seller "Best practices"
Our group consists of both buyers and sellers and I think most of us would endorse a "level playing field." In that spirit, this thread is dedicated to ideas surrounding "best practices" when selling our rigs. please chime in with your comments and suggestions.

1. Honesty is the best policy.

2.  Full disclosure.

3.  Scan all available maintenance records and combine into a single "maintenance document."
     (Send to all prospective buyers).

4.  Include a list of "open" and known issues.

5.  Remedy all safety related issues prior to listing unit for sale. If this is not possible. present buyers with a disclosure document. e.g. "I, John Doe, have fallen on hard times and need to sell my LD RV as is. I advise buyer to have the RV inspected and serviced upon purchase before taking any long trips."

6.  Include dates on all sales related photos. (Yup, my seller sent me pictures I later figured out were as old as 10 years!)

Todd

Todd (and Steve)
'17 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and '13 Honda CRV
(Former '99 RB owners from 2012-2016)

Re: Seller "Best practices"
Reply #1
Great Idea...I continue to feel so blessed that LDy Lulubelle's previous family adhered scrupulously to #1, which made everything fall into place with no curve balls.  And Dale D., also my thx for eyeballing her & sharing your thoughts & experience so I felt comfortable heading 'cross country in the winter from Missouri (if I'd waited 'til spring, she'd have probably gotten away from me).
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm