Skip to main content
Topic: Awning (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic
Awning
I have a Fiamma awning that is broken. I ordered the repair parts but now I'm wondering if maybe I should replace it with something a little sturdier. Has anyone tried Dometic or Carefree?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Langton

2002 27" RB

Re: Awning
Reply #1
I've been using a 20' Dometic on my 30'IB since day one in 2004. Had to replace it once due to a wind squall at Custer's Battlefield but that was my fault.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Thank you for replying to my question. Do you know which model Dometic you installed. Do I need to get a "case" type.
Thank you

Langton
2002 27" RB

Reply #3
I've been using a 20' Dometic on my 30'IB since day one in 2004. Had to replace it once due to a wind squall at Custer's Battlefield but that was my fault.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar

Steve, didn't the factory add extra support for that awning or am I thinking of someone else?

Jim

Reply #4
According to what Steve Newton told me, for some reason I didn't quite understand, they were unable to reinforce (block) the center area where a 'saddle' would ordinarily be mounted. They did, however, block all of the other mounting points, top and bottom at both ends. However, the lack of a center support has not been detrimental, there's a bit of a sag but everything works well.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #5
Correction on my last post... it was Vince who said that, if I had asked for it before the build, I could have had the block. It wasn't until after delivery that the question came up.  :-X
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!