Skip to main content
Topic: Mothership parts "catalog" (Read 467 times) previous topic - next topic
Mothership parts "catalog"
I was at the Mothership a few months ago killing time, and noted there are several displays of parts on the walls, nicely labeled. Since I'm one of those guys calling up part suppliers asking for a "You know, the whatchamacallit that goes into the thingamabob", it occurred to me that if I could remember the names on the labels, I could be, like, a genius next time I needed to find a particular part!

So, being unable to remember anything for more than a few seconds, I took photos. Maybe they could help someone like me? They should be high enough resolution to expand them and see the labels.

Here goes, in two posts. I hope this is the right place.

Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Re: Mothership parts "catalog"
Reply #1
And here are the rest, I hope this comes in handy.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Brilliant! Thanks, Paul. I've saved the photos to my computer for reference.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
If anyone wants higher resolution, this link to a Flikr album may help.

(I just wanted to try embedding photos- this forum is one of the easiest to use I have experienced! Thank all y'all!)
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Great! I wonder what the part is that is in the third picture of the first post, at the bottom left. Plumbing part?
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #5
Great! I wonder what the part is that is in the third picture of the first post, at the bottom left. Plumbing part?
Don,

The part in question is "Barrel Chair Chrome Column w/Chrome Plastic Hub $26.00"

I'm just zooming on the Flikr version of the image.

Alex

Reply #6
I'm just zooming on the Flikr version of the image.

There is also some zoom available on posted photos - when clicking on them look at the controls at the top of the image.  The one with 2 arrows expands the image to the as-uploaded size.

Reply #7
Paul--

Thx so much--what a great idea & came at a very timely moment!  Yes, Thx, Michelle, the zoom at the top helps a lot--but my dinosaur eyes still can't squint quite enough to read the prices!   ;D

I need the metal bathroom door latch (2nd batch of pix, # 2)--does that say $19.50?  Also, I need the SeaLand toilet valve (2nd batch of pix, # 4)--does that say $36 or $56? 

I'll be in Denver in a few days, so could do some comparison shopping--plus I like the immediate gratification of walking out with a bird in the hand, instead of waiting for it to land in my bush from either Amazon or the Mothership.  Camping World in KC didn't have the bathroom latch when I was in there a few weeks back (& not much stock in general--they told me to try their Columbia store...odd since Columbia is smaller than Springfield--the 3rd biggest city in the state after St Louis & KC).  Chris or other CO cultmembers, besides CW, what other options might I check out for these (& other miscellaneous goodies that I never knew I needed 'til I saw it on the shelf)?

I used to hate going to the hardware store with my dad when I was a kid >boring< was an understatement...now it's better than a candy store--even if I don't know what something is, it's just cool to wander the aisles & wonder, "What's that for?" & I love the "What is it?" segments on Ask This Old House.
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #8
Hi Lynne, I'll give you what their tags say, but I would call Lazy Daze for a definitive price. Who knows how long since these boards have been updated, and the Mothership as always, has its own way of doing things.

The bathroom door lock, metal is shown at $13.50
The Southco bathroom door catch is $6.00
The Sealand water valve is $38.00

I hope this helps...
Paul
'92 Mid Bath

Reply #9
Paul, I love your 2CV icon!  Do you own one?  That's been my fantasy toad for a long time. 😀 -- Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #10
Paul, I love your 2CV icon!  Do you own one?  That's been my fantasy toad for a long time. 😀 -- Jon

Jon

What?  Replace the Vespa scooter, no way.
Time to trade the helmet for beret?  Your wife would prefer that.
Helmet hair sucks.
Anyone know if a 2CV is towable?

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #11
Thx, Paul, for reading the fine print for my dinosaur eyes.   ;)     Yes, calling the Mothership for current prices before sending a check is the plan...because the only constant is change.   ;D
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #12
Larry, I can't imagine anything one can't do with the 2CV. It is Model A tough and simple. Was even used as a militarily vehicle, but considering it is the French army, reverse gear is the fastest! The collectors clubs here for these and the Renault 4L are a fun fest. We see many sitting in barns.

And don't forget the scarf to go with the beret!
Paul
'92 Mid Bath