Skip to main content
Topic: Front Door fails to update recent posts.  (Read 559 times) previous topic - next topic
Front Door fails to update recent posts.
I bookmarked the LDO site some time ago.  For two weeks now I a getting no recent post updates. Last one shown is from Gplam error message.  I see member activity and other items seem to change but recent posts do not.  If I log in fully I see everything normally. 

I reloaded the page but nothing changed. What have I failed to check?
Lydia
Lydia.
Current: 2020 JLUR w 15’ Squaredrop
Former: 2006 30IB Anniversary Edition

Re: Front Door fails to update recent posts.
Reply #1
I bookmarked the LDO site some time ago.  For two weeks now I a getting no recent post updates. Last one shown is from Gplam error message.  I see member activity and other items seem to change but recent posts do not.  If I log in fully I see everything normally. 

I reloaded the page but nothing changed. What have I failed to check?
Lydia
Lydia, what do you mean "if I log in fully"? Are you doing something differently to access LDO when you do "not log in fully"? Maybe you mean accessing via a bookmark rather than "logging in fully"?
Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
I see member activity and other items seem to change but recent posts do not.  If I log in fully I see everything normally. 

If you aren't logged in, you're viewing the forum as "guest".  Guests can't see the post list or post content (with maybe the exception of Site How-to).  It's a security feature.

You can set your log-in duration to "forever" to stay logged in and see the actual activity each time you visit.  This is fine as long as it's a device you control - don't do it from a shared device or a public one.

Michelle

Reply #3
If you aren't logged in, you're viewing the forum as "guest".  Guests can't see the post list or post content (with maybe the exception of Site How-to).  It's a security feature.

Yes it seems that is the case now. As this conversation has now replaced the Error message conversation.   I understand now. However I still remember it differently. Was it changed?  Simply want to know when my memory tanked 😆

Lydia
Lydia.

Reply #4
"want to know when my memory tanked"

Lydia

Thx, Lydia, for a smile.  Since my Little Red-headed Momma had Alzheimer's (& likely her maternal grandmother, given the family stories), I certainly have come to appreciate external reality checks about whether "my memory tanked,"  though I don't fret about it a lot...when you've spent most of your life about a half-bubble off  ;D , it may be more difficult to see when the bubble really slips. ;)
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #5
Yes it seems that is the case now. As this conversation has now replaced the Error message conversation.   I understand now. However I still remember it differently. Was it changed? 

Hi Lydia,

It has been this way here on LDO since this forum started.  Yahoo was different, I believe.  Of you're remembering this forum different, it's possible early on that you remained logged in and now maybe something has changed with your browser or ISP that causes you to be logged out each time.

Michelle

Reply #6
It has been this way here on LDO since this forum started.  Yahoo was different, I believe.  If you're remembering this forum different, it's possible early on that you remained logged in and now maybe something has changed with your browser or ISP that causes you to be logged out each time.

This seemed actually to be a problem (at least for me) in the beginning, but seemed to right itself early on.  There are so many little vagaries within the interactions of computers/software/providers/users that it is hard to keep it all straight.  What works one day may or may not work the next - ?brain or computer malfunction?  ?Something changed somewhere?  Who knows.  I have learned to just roll with whatever works for the moment!

But it can be very frustrating when you think you have it down pat, and then . . . it isn't!

fixed quoting - Michelle

Reply #7

There are so many little vagaries within the interactions of computers/software/providers/users that it is hard to keep it all straight. 

I was just trying to understand and answer Lydia's question about the actual site how-to.

Reply #8
Michelle

You did just that. If it was always so, then what I remember was more activity in the site help section which posts to the front door guest access. I figure as those questions eased up from the membership so did those changes and I never took notice that it was a single category.

All well in Denmark. Fisheries are now closed. Air quality has increased ten fold. 🙄
Lydia
Lydia.