Skip to main content
Topic: Dump station app (Read 201 times) previous topic - next topic
Dump station app
I'm looking for suggestions for a dump station app (iOS) that provides comprehensive, current/updated location information. I use the Sanidumps website (very poorly designed, but the listings are usually pretty accurate) for planning purposes and when I have an internet connection on the road, but the last update of the Sanidumps app is from 2013. Since the status of dump stations changes frequently, 3-year-old data may not be useful.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions.

2003 TK has a new home

Re: Dump station app
Reply #1
Joan, the Sanidumps app is only 8.7 MB, which makes me think that it can't possibly contain the Sanidumps database. Instead, I'm betting it's one of the many apps that just acts as a "front end" to a website. I know that if I shut off my iPhone's internet access, the app complains that it can't find anything and needs at least a 3G connection. So if my guess is correct, the Sanidumps app is always up to date, since it's getting its data directly from the Sanidumps website.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Andy, thank you very much for that information; it did not occur to me that the Sanidumps app might be a "gateway" rather than a "stand alone". An app of this type is of no use to me because I need a database that is accessible without an internet connection; if I have a connection, I can look at the website!  ::)
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
I just went to their website, and it would appear that you can search by state, which brings up a pretty comprehensive map, with a sidebar of the addresses of the locations. Could you download this information to your computer for the states where you will be traveling and reference it that way as necessary?

Virtual hugs,

Judie

Reply #4
"Could you download this information to your computer for the states where you will be traveling and reference it that way as necessary?"
---
That's what I've done in the past; it works, but it's not particularly convenient.  :( 
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
Joan,

We did a little playing around with the Allstays RV Dump app on one of our iPhones.  With the phone in airplane mode (no Internet access), it still showed dumps all over the country, so it must have a resident database.  The apple store shows that last update as being Dec2, 2015, so not completely current.  It is only 6.7MB, so pretty small as IOS app go.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #6
Thanks, Art! Sounds like what I'm looking for.  ;D
2003 TK has a new home