Skip to main content
Topic: Paint Chart (Read 237 times) previous topic - next topic
Paint Chart
I cannot find the file paint chart.gif  It is mentioned multiple times in messages.  Need to mix or buy some touchup.
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Paint Chart
Reply #1
I cannot find the file paint chart.gif  It is mentioned multiple times in messages.  Need to mix or buy some touchup.
The old paint charts are obsolete, AFAIK I have never found a paint shop that could interpret the codes and match it.
To match paint, I remove one of the exterior cargo hatch doors and take it to my local automotive paint supply shop and have them match it. Long-lasting, two-part paints are also available in spray cans but do require using a special respirator, with organic filter, and painting in a well ventilated area.  The paint shop sell custom mixed paint and package it in spray cans made by SprayMax
The concept: Spraymax
Martin Auto Color - Shops that sell SprayMax paint.
The spray cans have two end caps. Under one is the normal spray head. Under the other cap is a button that is pushed, which punctures an internal  plastic bag that contains the paint harder. After breaking the bag, several minutes of shaking are needed to fully mix the paint and hardener, before it's ready for spraying. The can remains good for about 24 hours before it cures in the can. The paint is available in complete paints or paint that requires a clear coat. I use the single, complete paint, same as what LD uses.
I have been able to accurately match and paint large sections of the lower panels, on several LDs using this method.

LD  also sell tiny bottles of paint that can be used for brushing small sections. Use them soon, the paint goes bad fairly quickly. In my experience, it's not worth buying touch-up paint unless you have an immediate need. It's frustrating to find your expensive touch-up has gone bad, just sitting on the shelf.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Thanks for the information.  I really appreciate it.
Gary
2000 LD

Reply #3
Just to note the old paint chart is here in the Media section under

Media
Group Files
Lazy Daze Information

Direct link: (Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)