Skip to main content
Topic: House batteries (Read 192 times) previous topic - next topic
House batteries
Last April we bought a new to us 2004 midbath which is a subject for another post!  Now we are trying to sell our 1992 midbath. I've owned this rig since 1999 and had very little problems until now. While I was driving the 2004 home hubby took the 1992 out and the brake light and abs lights came on. Took her to our mechanic and mentioned that the parking brake felt funny. Getting a new brake cable next week.

Went out to check the old girl and the batteries were dead. Topped off the batteries which are only about a year old and plugged her into 110. Charged for a day and then unplugged. 24 hours later the batteries are "poor". Double checked that nothing is turned on.  Negative.

In February we drove 2000 miles and only had hookups a couple nights. Never had a problem. I'm thinking she's getting back at us for wanting to sell her!
2004 MB

Re: House batteries
Reply #1
Diagnosing the house battery issues would require more info than available from the kitchen monitor panel. You need a digital voltmeter to test the batteries after charging from a GOOD charger, then checking them after disconnected from the coach for a day. If they check out satisfactory, then you progress on to finding the phantom current draw.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit