Skip to main content
Topic: Charging coach batteries (Read 148 times) previous topic - next topic
Charging coach batteries
I have a 2006 RTK and I only get my coach batteries charged with my two solar panels.  Being plugged in, running the generator or driving does not help. So I have to wait for a sunny day.  Should I replace the Parallax 7300 converter?  Or do l have another problem?  Can I use an external charger without disconnecting the solar panels?  What about running the generator and plugging in an external charger?  I don't want to create more problems.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Charging coach batteries
Reply #1
You have another problem, which should be solved before replacing the converter. The engine should charge faster than either YOUR converter or the solar panels, and the path to the batteries is different than the converter. Typically the solar panels are fused into the converter distribution panel (fusebox) . Now this converter has a constant voltage output which both charges the batteries and powers your rigs 12V systems when connected to shorepower. If you flip the battery disconnect switch to 'off' when connected to shorepower, and you still have 12V to your systems, then the converter is working. If not, then time to check all the fuses.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit