Skip to main content
Topic: Referencing post numbers and resequencing photos in albums (Read 169 times) previous topic - next topic
Referencing post numbers and resequencing photos in albums
Here are two questions that have crossed my mind while trying out the new forum.

1. Do the messages have numbers? If not, how can I refer specifically to a previous message?

2. Is it possible to resequence the images in an album? At present, they seem to be displayed in order of uploading. It's often useful to choose a specific order when presenting a step-by-step process, or showing before-and-after photos. Yahoo has an editing function that permits this, but I didn't see anything here.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: Referencing post numbers and resequencing photos in albums
Reply #1
Here are two questions that have crossed my mind while trying out the new forum.

1. Do the messages have numbers? If not, how can I refer specifically to a previous message?
Well you can
a) Quote the message and the quote is a link back to the original message
b) Refer to the Reply #x at the top of each message, yours was Reply #1
c) Hover over the Reply and see the number in the link, where depends on the browser you are using,
d) Right click on the Reply # text and and "copy link location" ... then paste that (don't even need BBC codes, just paste the link) in to your post and it will link back to whatever post your are referring to, without you or the reader having to figure out what to do with some silly six digit message number.

2. Is it possible to resequence the images in an album? At present, they seem to be displayed in order of uploading. It's often useful to choose a specific order when presenting a step-by-step process, or showing before-and-after photos. Yahoo has an editing function that permits this, but I didn't see anything here.
Go to the album, select edit  ... There is a field that says "Default sort order" .. Your choice of by ID (order of upload) Date (possibly the Exif date on the image if it can be read), Name of the file, or number of Views.  Each of those can be done in Ascending or Descending order.