Skip to main content
Topic: "Escapee's" Days End Map (Read 41 times) previous topic - next topic
"Escapee's" Days End Map
Yahoo Message Number: 160342
Has anyone had any success getting the Days End parking map to display the information behind the displayed icons? The guy that runs the site admits a lot of folks have trouble getting past the cookie settings used to pass along the login authorization, but he has no specific suggestions. I have tried it on Chrome and Safari and as far as I know II am allowing cookies of all types to be set.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: [LD] \
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 160345
I havent had any problems with the map…works as advertised.

Im using IE11 on a Windows 8.1 computer. I havent tried it with Chrome, which I do have on my computer. Ill give it a try and report back.

Linda Hylton
Linda Hylton

Re: \
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 160347
OK, I tried it on Chrome, which I'd never used before for either the DaysEndDirectory or for the map.

I went to DaysEndDirectory and logged in. I then clicked on the link to the map and entered a route. Clicked on one of the pins and was told I had to log in to see the Directory information. So I went back to the DaysEndDirectory and logged in AGAIN. Went back to the map and it worked this time.

Have you tried that?

Linda Hylton

Linda Hylton

Re: "Escapee's" Days End Map
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 160360
I am getting the same error. Two different laptops using Windows 10 and both Chrome and IE latest versions. Just tried logging out then back in and still get the error.

Hope they get this fixed since it seems like a great tool.

Jim C

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 160368
Hello again, Don Just tried it on a MacBook Pro with Safari. Worked fine but it did tell me to log in again like Linda said.
Worked after that.
Ed

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 160372
OK, here's what happened to me when I tried to get the map to work using Chrome (if you go back and re-read my earlier post, I indicated that it was the first time I'd gone to the DaysEndDirectory website and map using Chrome'I have always used IE11 in the past):

• Went to Day's End, boondocking, camping, overnight parking and logged in.
  • Once at the main page, I clicked on the "Route Planning Map Link" to the left.
  • When at the map, I entered a route and then clicked on one of the green "pins"
  • I got the message that I had to log in to see the Directory information for that city, so I clicked on the "Day's End Directory" Home link on the top left-hand side of the map.
  • Sure enough, the main DaysEndDirectory page had lost my log-in information so I logged in again and repeated steps 2 & 3. This time, when I clicked on one of the green pins, I got the Directory information for that city.

I just tried it again in order to write these directions, but this time when logging in and going to the map, the Directory information came up for the city I'd selected without having to go back and log in a second time.

If this doesn't work for you, then I'm fresh out of ideas, because it works for me.

Linda Hylton

Linda Hylton

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 160373
Just tried it on my android smartphone and it worked exactly like it did when I first tried to use Chrome to access the map; i.e., I had to log in twice.

Linda Hylton

Linda Hylton

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 160375
I was having this same experience, so after having re-signed in THREE TIMES, I just ignored the warning that I needed to be signed in and just clicked on the “directions” tab. Et voilá !!! Up popped my route to Bishop, CA (ahem, Jim and Gayle - this is YOUR fault) and was staggered by the possibilities. Maybe this time we will actually GO!

Virtual hugs,

Judie Adventures of Dorrie Anne | Photographing the West

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 160378
In my case, as I've explained, the main Day'sEndDirectory website lost my log in information on the first go-around requiring me to go back and log in again.
What message are you getting on the map when you put in a route and then click on one of the green pins? Linda Hylton
Linda Hylton

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 160392
Thanks Linda. I am getting the message that I have to log in when clicking on a pin. What I had been doing was hitting the back arrow which took me to the home page and showed that I was logged in. But clicking on the days end home link on the map page took me to the home page and showed I was not logged in. So, logged in again and now it works.

Appreciate the help.

Jim C

Re: [LD] Re: \
Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 160396
Glad it worked for you Jim!\

I just sent an email to Guy with the step-by-step instructions since it appears that he didnt know how to solve the problem.

Linda Hylton

Linda Hylton

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 160415
Good to know it works for some. It does not work for me. I tried all the secret techniques, none work here.
The mapping is just not ready for prime time, based on my experience and many others. Amateur programming.
It worked once for me on Chrome. But, no more.
It did not work on Safari last week, but worked falsely yesterday.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy