Skip to main content
Topic: New forum testers - Have you checked in? (Read 26 times) previous topic - next topic
New forum testers - Have you checked in?
Yahoo Message Number: 160322
You know who you are.
Some of you have not checked in yet and we are waiting to hear from you.
Good or bad, let us know how the new forum feels.
If you are having problems logging in, let us know, we need the practice too.

For the rest, things are progressing fine, so far.
Expect the change over in the next couple of weeks.
Steve and Michelle have done us a great favor in building the new site, I think you will like it.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: New forum testers - Have you checked in?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 160323
As we speak, I am waiting for an email with my new User Name and Password. It has been about 30 minutes, and no email just yet. I checked over at Yahoo email, in case it went there, but not there either.

Kathy Lautz
1999 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 160325
Larry,

Aren't we first supposed to get an email detailing all the information on the switch to the new site, what to do, etc.?

John

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 160327
No, not in SPAM folder either. Am looking for the *second* email. Got the first one telling me how to log onto the new site. Am waiting for new access codes and new link to new site.

Thanks.

Kathy L.

KEL
1999 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 160328
Hmm, not hearing anything from anybody. Wonder if something else is wrong. A couple of weeks ago, I posted to LWALDRV and it never showed up in my email [lifewithalazydazerv] as most do.

Kathy L.
1999 MB

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 160330
Kathy, not that it has anything to do with a new board tester issue, but two posts that I made yesterday and today did not appear on this board. That has happened before; sometimes there has been a long delay, and sometimes the post never appears. I don't know why.

I had no problems logging on to the new board; maybe you could start the process over?

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 160331
Like Joan, I made a post that never appeared yesterday (or maybe the day before). I resent it about five hours later, and that one went through. Yay - Yahoo! !!

Virtual hugs,

Judie http://dorrieanne.wordpress.com

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 160332
I went directly to the new URL, logged in, was able to change my PW, slick as you please. Not sure what happened.

Kathy L.
1999 MB

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 160335
"two posts that I made yesterday and today did not appear on this board."

Same here--one of my recent posts (about retrofitting a SmartPlug shore-pwer inlet) seems to have never made it to Yahoo. It'll probably show up next week sometime. ;-)

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 160336
Well then, I think I'll just go dig it out of my Sent Mail, repost it on the new site, and see what happens.

KEL
1999 MB

Re: New forum testers - Have you checked in? Move to new site update
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 160352
John, there are 10-11 "testers" who have been give access to the new site. Kathy Lautz is one of them. All but one was successful in the log-in process and the others have been feeding us their comments and experiences, all of which have been pretty good so far.

If these good vibes continue, our goal is to launch the new site to all members later next week. You and everyone else will be notified how to do it. The process to access the new site for members of this Yahoo group involves having the new site/platform recognize your current Yahoo ID/username and email address so you can be transferred to the new site as an active member and not have to rejoin the group. Because of Yahoo's poor recording keeping, there will be some glitches as folks try to move to the new site. However, we will work through those and eventually get everyone moved to the new site. Pretty quickly after the launch, there will be a message on this Yahoo site directing all new visitors to the new website. Once the new site is launched, it will be fully functioning and all message posting and any other forum activity will be at the new site.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 160354

Awesome. Lurker here (that doesnt even look right, "Introvert here"), looking forward to using the results of everyones hard work.
Thank you creators and testers.
Barbara 27.5RB

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 160384
To all of you cat herders organizing this new site--Thx so much! I am so grateful for those of you who can do this & direct the marginally technoliterate like me. I suspect Moses had an easier time organizing the Exodus & directing traffic at the Red Sea. :>) Maybe once you've gotten us evacuated from Yahoo you can give a collective cheer of Woohoo!

Thx, again.

Lynne LDy Lulubelle, '05 30' TB Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm