Skip to main content
Topic: finding the right mattress topper... (Read 70 times) previous topic - next topic
finding the right mattress topper...
Yahoo Message Number: 160195
I started with memory foam and while it was comfortable enough I didn't like the "resistance to movement" I felt. Maybe I could have got used to it but... maybe not. So, I found the "Sleep on Latex" site (google it) and tried their 3" "soft" single. For me this is a better fit. I ordered the optional cover so roughly $200 each plus $50 for the cover which is good quality and makes storage easier.

A different story in the 'cab over' where I tried a Walmart cheapie which I assume is polyurethane. It was not firm enough so I added an egg crate pad I had on hand. That combination has a slightly better feel to me then the 3" latex but time will tell as I get used to them.

Storage of the two toppers in the cab over makes that bed into a single but that is not an issue for me. Also, you'll notice that when both toppers are used on the king one corner is tight. I was going to trim the foam but have decided it is not really an issue and will leave it. It isn't as severe as the picture indicates.

I found a comment in the manual interesting where it states you can get a firmer sleep surface by flipping the cushions over. A bare (no topper) cushion feels pretty firm to me for sleeping!

Frank '16 Silver MB
plan B - 2023 Travato

Re: finding the right mattress topper...
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 160212
We use the "bed sore" foam pads you find at a medical supply store. They're a bit expensive (about $125) But are super comfortable on the hard padding in the overcab. Makes for a great night's sleep.

Charlie 1999 MB "Gandalf the Gray"