Skip to main content
Topic: Flickering LED lights (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic
Flickering LED lights
Yahoo Message Number: 159998
This has been a minor but ongoing 'problem' since we picked up the rig in 2014. There is a slight flicker in the LED lighting which seems to be affecting circuit #4 over the table and lounge. It is not enough interfere with the illumination level, but just a minor distraction.

I discussed this with Vince from the Mothership once. He suggested it might be a loose contact in the light. I reset the boards on one of the lights w/o change but did not follow up with Vince on it.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

Joel & Mary 13 31 IB / 11 CRV Towd Currently in Santa Fe heading Eastward leisurely
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Re: Flickering LED lights
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 160001
I had the flickering problem on one light after I changed over to an all led coach. I had an extra bulb so I swapped it out... No problem since.

Fred

2003 RB

Fred K.
2003 RB

Flickering LED lights
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 160003
A few weeks ago while at the Mothership, I had Vince change a light switch in the overhead LED lamp directly above the dinette in the ceiling.

The set failed to turn on while on a trip to Big Bear. A few mild taps on the switch got the lamp working again, but I still wanted it looked at.

Vince suspected the LED arrays were not making complete contact and showed me how to fix it by swapping out the LED positions in the lamp. When he mentioned this approach I believe he thought the LEDs were acting erratically (flickering). That being said he still replaced the switch.

It works fine now, however, the set above the stove failed to turn on once during my recent trip to Yosemite. A couple of gentle taps with my finger tip on the switch and all is fine.

Gremlins? I hope not.

Kent

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: Flickering LED lights
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 160005
I doubt the bad LED, 8 LEDs of two types display the same artifact. I reseated the boards in one of the 8 w/o effect. There is no voltage difference between that circuit and adjacent ones. BTW, it is #5, not #4- mark IV eyeball failure.
Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE