Skip to main content
Topic: awning (Read 28 times) previous topic - next topic
awning
Yahoo Message Number: 160277
we are headed to a four day trip in the local mountains where the forecast calls for rain. Believe it or not, this will be the first time we will be camping in "weather" (part of being So Cal spoiled) in the LD. My question for the group is this: Do you put the awning out during the day at all? Leave it out at night (guessing not)? Or not use it at all?

In our older SOB RV's the awnings were much more "beefy" and I would have them out at all times except when I knew heavy winds were a possibility.

Thanks!

Bill 2013 31' TB
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Re: awning
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 160278
I camp in the Mid Atlantic states so unlike you leftish-costers we see a lot of rain. I will put the awning out if I know I will be able to set it out again to dry (either camping or at home) in a reasonable time. I will not leave it out over night or unattended. That said if I am not driving soon I leave the support arms out, crank attached and just role the awning in close to the RV. It only takes a jiffy to deploy or role up this way. If I think I am going to travel I will completely put it away.
Hope this helps.
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Re: awning
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 160291
Our awning out or not is a decision made based on wind and if the rain is to occur at night and we have no chance to dry it before we leave next day. Having said that, we have had maybe 4 days of rain since we left Vermont 2 years ago! Wind has been the major reason for not putting the awning up or keeping it up. We love to listen to the sound of rain on a tin roof - I mean awning! Love to sit under it on a warm night with a steady rain while we are dry.

Sandy KalleAnka 96 Vermont