Skip to main content
Topic: RV Insurance (Read 158 times) previous topic - next topic
RV Insurance
Yahoo Message Number: 160426
Hi LD Peeps,

I need some feed back as to What RV Insurance Company you recommend and How you like their service and price.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: RV Insurance
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 160427
Jo, there are too many variables to recommend a particular company; each person's financial circumstances, RV type/age/value, locations, and coverages needed are unique. You might want to look at an insurance broker who can review your personal situation and suggest policy coverages provided by several insurers that best fit your needs. These are two brokers with good reputations and experience with RVs and RVers.

http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/products/rv/index.php

http://www.explorerrv.com/

Some may suggest Progressive, some Geico, some Foremost, and some other companies, but a broker, either one of the above or another, can help you assess the advantages of several plans and insurers that can work for your specific situation.

As always, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 160434
Hi Jo - We have Progressive - and had a comprehensive loss due to a substantial battery acid incident. Not harm to us fortunately, but our 06 LD was a mess in and around the house battery compartment.

The work was done by a recommended repair shop that had a good working history with the mothership. The repair work came out beautifully, and the repair shop took extra effort to make things absolutely right again.

The shop, by the way, is Bay Equipment & Repair, in Hayward, CA 94545

P.S. I'm a retired Allstate ins. agent.
2006 27' MidBath

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 160437
I have always (11 years)carried my motorhome insurance through Camping World/ Good Sam. The actual insurance company is National General. I have filed claims twice and the claims were serviced promptly and without any hassle. They worked directly with the shops doing the repair work but kept me informed of progress, decisions, etc.

On the other hand I have had my auto and home insurance with Farmers Insurance Group since 1958. They are a bit pricey but I have had the same agent for almost 40 years and he watches out for me. Last year I asked him about insurance for my motorhome. He already had the details of the insurance. After a bit of investigation he called me and told me to stick with Good Sam. He made two significant points: 1) He could not offer me a competitive price; 2) Good Sam (National General) understands motorhomes and specializes in insuring them. Many insurance companies do not understand the insurance requirements for a motorhome and insure them as "just another auto."

I am not recommending Good Sam, but I am recommending that you pick a company that specializes in motorhomes and just don't go with the company that insures your autos.

Doug

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 160439
"I am recommending that you pick a company that specializes in motorhomes." ----- Bingo! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
Just want to thank all of you for your informations. I have it and will be checking them out..

Take care you guys,

JO