Skip to main content
Topic: Offline blogging?? (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Offline blogging??
Yahoo Message Number: 159917
We are looking for a blogging app we can use offline and load our saved pages and pictures when we find internet.

I've tried Blogger but can no longer find the app for iPad.
I've tried WordPress but cannot save pictures in saved pages while offline. Weird it needs an internet connection to save local pictures on a local app.

Any ideas?

I wish Blogger worked for iPad. My iPad has it because I loaded it years ago. My wife's iPad I tried but it's not available.

Thanks
2021 Mid Bath

Re: Offline blogging??
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 159919
When I tried blogging a couple of years ago, mostly on a trip in Canada where data was JUST wifi, I found the most efficient system was to compose and save the text, with cues in the text for each pic to be uploaded. Then, I would upload the text to the blog, then edit in each pic in the appropriate spot. This minimized my on-line time. I.e., I would not be on-line WHILE composing.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: Offline blogging??
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 159922
Ted: The main reason I haven't completely switched over to Apple products is that I use the excellent WindowsLiveWriter program to write my blog. It is only available for PCs. It is the easiest program for manipulating pictures with a WYSIWYG process. You can insert pictures from your computer without having to first upload to the web. You can resize them, move them around, etc. Once you are done, you can save the draft on your computer for later uploading, or, if you have a connection, just hit the "publish to blog" button. Note, however, that Microsoft no longer supports the program, and it is starting to have problems connecting with the various blog sites (I use Blogger, but it works with Wordpress and others). I was despairing until tech-savvy devotees of the program rescued it, with MS's blessing, and have turned it into "Open Live Writer." Just Google that and you'll be able to download the program, but only if you're willing to devote an old PC to the task. No Mac version. It really is a terrific program, just about the only thing out of MS that I've continually praised. I guess they couldn't monetize it and decided to let it fade away. -- Jon ('06TK "Albatross")
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄