Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Lazy Daze Ladeze GTG (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic
2016 Lazy Daze Ladeze GTG
Yahoo Message Number: 159889
The date and place have been set for the women-only campout.

September 6th for 4 nights at Glacier View Campground at Redfish Lake in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area.

This is always a fun and educational get together.

If you are a woman (single, married, in a relationship, whatever) who owns a Lazy Daze and would like to be added to the mailing list, contact me at ladeze dot lazydaze at gmail dot com.

If you are already on the mailing list and did not get an email from me, check your junk folder.

Laurelee
2013 MB

Re: 2016 Lazy Daze Ladeze GTG
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 159893
Lauralee, if I may comment as a husband, although it sounds like a nice choice for a campsite, it has low accessibility from the west coast for a 4-day stay. This is unlikely a problem for you full-timers, but for non-fulltimers, e.g. my wife, it's just too far for a solo excursion. So, you may just get a select subset of interested ladies...

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 159905
Steve, thanks for your input.

We try to have the get togethers all over the West and that makes the journey longer for some and shorter for others!

Here are some suggestions for women who might want to attend.

Make it a longer trip and explore more of Idaho or Oregon or include a trip to Yellowstone and/or the Grand Tetons. For the time you are at the Ladeze GTG, your other half can stay at Redfish Lake Lodge or other places in Stanley. There are lots of activities to keep him busy.

If you want to drive solo, there is the possibility of caravaning with other women who are coming from your general area.

I hope this helps.

Laurelee
2013 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 159963
Hi Steve and others -- sorry for the late entry to this thread!

Since 2004, LazyDaze Ladeze have met all over the west: Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon and, of course, California. The Wagonmistresses have always aimed to locate venues where there are many other things to GOSEEDO nearby or to or from the women-only get togethers.

Thank you Laurelee for the early announcement … this lets many of us plan routes and activities, sometimes for the entire summer, before landing at the Ladeze event.

So Ladeze, get out your maps and check out all the wonderful places you can visit and explore and the many wonderful sights you'll find in the vicinity of Idaho's spectacular Sawtooths. And there are indeed several nearby choices for the other half to hang out.

And PS to Nancy I know you drive that Lazy Daze; hope you will join us!!!

Lorna Coarsegold, CA
2003 RB

2016 Lazy Daze Ladeze GTG
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 159974
Lorna. We are planning. Can hardly wait.
We are likely to head across Nevada out of Bishop to Elko and then up. There are lots of lovely places around to see that I have made a lovely loop to use up two weeks of our lives with.

Ok Nancy. The challenge has been given! Come on up with us.
Lydia.
Current: 2020 JLUR w 15’ Squaredrop
Former: 2006 30IB Anniversary Edition

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 159975
Oops. That's embarrassing. Hit s nod without signing off properly. Apologies.
Lydia.
Lydia.
Current: 2020 JLUR w 15’ Squaredrop
Former: 2006 30IB Anniversary Edition

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 159977
Will it be cold in Stanley in September? Was there once. Remember being really cold, but don't remember time of year. It is a beautiful area, fur sure.

Judie

Non-typical brevity because this is being . ;->

dorrieanne.wordpress.com

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 159980
Judie, look at Wunderground; pull up the temperature record for the September dates for Stanley in 2015 to get an idea. No guarantees, of course, but it's likely that since the campground is at 6500', the night temps will be COLD.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 159984
Please put me on the ladies only camping trip mailing list I have a 1988 lazy days now it is up for sale but you never know I may end up keeping it my families started purchasing lazy days when I was in junior high school and bought 19 and a half foot in the late sixties I think

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 159988
Sandra, please email me at ladeze dot lazydaze at gmail.com so that I have your email address and I will add you to the mailing list.

And yes, it could be nippy at night but we uppity women can take it!

Laurelee
2013 MB

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 159992
"…could be nippy at night…" Plus, theres so much hootin' and hollerin' around the campfires, no one notices the "nippy" part!!! And sometimes, if we're good, someone will share a little port and chocolate. Think "toasty."

Lorna, Coarsegold, CA
2003 RB

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 159993
Lorna said, "...share a little port..."

Indeed, a bit of nipping may stimulate enough yipping to ward off the "nippiness." Though there is no lunar eclipse scheduled this year & the full moon isn't due 'til September 16, it is sure to be a howling good time. Arr-arr-arrroooo!

Lynne LDy Lulubelle, "05 30" TB Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm