Skip to main content
Topic: Non-Skid Tape Replacement - Cab Entry Door Steps (Read 23 times) previous topic - next topic
Non-Skid Tape Replacement - Cab Entry Door Steps
Yahoo Message Number: 159671
I've been looking for a product to replace the worn non-skid tape for the entry door steps on the cab of the LD. I've found some non-skid tape that is 6" wide and I should be able to fashion something out of that. If anyone has found a better alternative, I'm all ears.

Secondly, I haven't attempted to remove the existing non-skid tape. Does that material even pull off? Or is it one of the "heat gun" projects?

Ed & Margee - '09 MB Fort Worth

Re: Non-Skid Tape Replacement - Cab Entry Door Steps
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 159673
The factory has replacement non skid pieces for the cab entry steps. Heat gun to remove. I had it done by a local truck detail shop. Looks great.
Kathy Lautz
1999 MB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 159674
"I've been looking for a product to replace the worn non-skid tape for the entry door steps on the cab of the LD. I've found some non-skid tape that is 6" wide and I should be able to fashion something out of that. If anyone has found a better alternative, I'm all ears."

We used grip tape from a skateboard shop. The width was just right for our steps and it's held up nicely for 15 years. We just put it over the original, worn skid tape.

Karen - enjoying the beautiful mountain view in Arizona

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 159678
Some of the home improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.) sell non-skid pads that are meant to be placed on steps. They are about 6-inches wide and probably 20-inches long. The material is the same as that in the narrow "anti-skid" tape. The pads have adhesive back. They make replacing the running board surface pads easy as it is done as one piece and not a series of strips. I believe that they may be a #M product.

Doug

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 159681
Second to what Kathy wrote. The factory non skid is cut to fit as original, and I found it less expensive than what I got on Amazon.
Paul
'92 Mid Bath