Skip to main content
Topic: Awning Ajustment? (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic
Awning Ajustment?
Yahoo Message Number: 159590
I recently returned from Puerto Penasco where I stayed right on the beach. While I was there I often left my awning open a few inches (not rolled all the way in) when I left for the day. There was a HUGE wind storm with the wind blowing off the water.

In the midst of the storm my poor 14 year old terrier-mix was frantic to go to the bathroom so I "tried" to open the door. Big mistake! The wind caught the door and banged it against the side of the rig - breaking the door stop. It took both hands to fight the wind to close the door (and some praying)!

I finally closed off the back, got out an old rug and turned off the lights. My poor pooch "got the message" and promptly used the rug for #1, I was really afraid the vent covers were going to blow off!

Afterwards, my door was, well - crooked. My good friend Bob (from British Columbia) took two 2 X 4's and very carefully straightened it out.

When I left recently and tried to roll up my awning completely it wouldn't close all the way into the track. Again, Bob to the rescue had me wind the awning and he took a kitchen knife and kink of "worked it in." He told me I need the awning "adjusted" (and there was quite a bit of sand in the tracks).

I'm actually leaning toward not using the awning at all since it's a P.I.T.A. and flimsy to boot.

On another note, the caps on both ends are sun damaged and cracking. Can I just by the caps to replace them, or do I need a repair and new paint. Uh, the paint is a problem because I have the 1998 paint that people see as seafoam green or light blue (I see creme).

The good news is that after having the two sofas and dinette recovered last year, I did the driver's and passenger seat. It's definitely worth the trip to Puerto Penasco just to have your upholstery done! I can't tell you what a big difference it makes...

Cheers, Cheryl

1998 26.5 mid-bath 2002 Honda CR-V
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: Awning Ajustment?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 159640
Could I please have some input on how to "adjust" the tension arms on the awning?

Cheryl
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 159642
Thanks Joan - just what I need! :-)

Cheryl
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 159644
Cheryl

What needs adjustment on the awning? What year model awning? Pre 2004 or after?

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze