Skip to main content
Topic: RV Step Rugs (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RV Step Rugs
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 158894
Ed-

Are you interested in a rug for the exterior or interior steps?

Mark
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 158896
If you're looking for a wrap-around "mat" for the exterior step, you might look at these or the ones from Camco; AFAIK, the quality is all pretty much the same. Amazon and most RV supply places carry these.

http://prestofit.com/RVStepRugs.html

If you're looking for a "rug" for the interior step well, any throw rug 22"-24" wide, preferably washable, will do.

Some of us have a "Safety Step"; this provides a solid, stable (no slip or tilt) platform when entering/exiting the motorhome. The "large" size (15"X19") is a good choice. The step is available from a few vendors, but not all of them carry it in color variations; Tweety's does.

http://tweetys.com/folding-saftey-steps.aspx

I wouldn't be without one of these, but, as ever, YMMV!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 158897
Joan,
 Just curious about the folding step. Do you use this instead of the LD's pull out step or in conjunction with it?

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 158898
I can see how my post was confusing and I didn't answer Mark's question correctly.  We're looking at the exterior step and not the interior step, which I didn't even think about as I wrote my question.  So as Joan mentioned, "the quality is all pretty much the same," which means we can't go wrong.  Thanks Joan for helping me to clarify this rather silly question.   Take care.

Ed & Margee Fort Worth

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 158899
I pull out the rig step (manual) and place the the Safety Step in front of it; the Safety Step is either right in line with the edge of the rig step or a little underneath it so there's no gap. There's a 4" drop between the top of the (manual) step on the motorhome and the top of the Safety Step, which is 8" high.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 158901
I should add to my previous reply that the 4" distance between the top of the rig step and the top of the Safety Step is if the RV is on level ground at all four corners! The only time that I have experienced a greater distance between the tops of the rig step and the folding step is in a slanted driveway where the front end of the motorhome must be up on ramps to level it and compensate for the decline. ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 158902
Thanks Joan,
 I'm anxious to make entering/exiting as easy as possible. It's already a very narrow doorway so improving the step is very good idea.
 I do use a thick "bristled" door mat to clean my shoes just below the doorway. Helps to keep the outdoors from coming in.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 158905
We had our mental manual step rust out on us using a step cover.  They can trap moisture.  Try to use something that can breathe.  Our step needs a complete sanding and rustoleum painting this year.  Rust is constant battle.

RV Step Rugs
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 159031
After a bit more consumer research, we bought a Prest-O-Fit Ruggids step cover. The "carpet" is a bit more rugged than some that I looked at and should do a good job of keeping outside dirt outside. The color matches nicely with our Blue/White LD. When we removed the older step cover, all we found was some dust but not any rust. Btw, posted a picture in the Photo files. And so it goes

Ed & Margee Fort Worth