Skip to main content
Topic: Shade Sail (Read 71 times) previous topic - next topic
Shade Sail
Yahoo Message Number: 158864
Howdy Glen; I have been using the Coolaroo Shade Sail for the past few months.  Works good.  I use it on the passenger side to protect the refrigerator from ole Sun.  I tie the back end to the ladder and the front end goes thru the circular ring that is used to lower and raise the awning.  I can reach that ring standing on the front step at the passenger seat.  I also use the middle pole for the awning to raise the front end.  Works ok although strong winds have knocked down the support pole at the front.
Those same winds would have sent the awning, if it had been deployed, to China...
What are the ring hooks you mention and where will you install them?  I do not want to make holes in the LD body if I can help it.

MIke Lewis
2007 RK

Re: Shade Sail (Coolaroo)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 158865
Mike, if you look at the photos I posted of the Coolaroo hooked to the side of my LD, you will see you don't have to "make holes in the LD body". I used existing screw holes by removing a couple of screws along the edge cap that goes along the top side of the LD. Before I screwed the ring hooks in, I squirted sealant in the empty screw holes.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 158867
Chris, Thank you for the photos - great help.

What size ring hook did you use?

glen 2014 TK aka  baxter the travel turtle
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 158868
I have one left but not the package. Measurements are: The outside of the eye, side to side = 7/8". The inside of the eye = 1/2". The length, top to tip = 1 & 7/8". Width of the screw thread = 3/16". Shank of the eye screw = a wee bit over 1/8".

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB