Skip to main content
Topic: Verizon discount for Vets (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Verizon discount for Vets
Yahoo Message Number: 158414
Verizon announced a discount for Military Veterans, Retired Military, and those on Active Duty.   I verified the story with Verizon service.  Here is a link to the "Military Times" story.    I know that Verizon is popular with many of us so I am posting the link an news.  If the mods think this smells to much like spam please delete the post.
John
07 MB

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/benefits/2016/01/28/verizon-gives-automatic-discount-100000-active-duty-retirees-vets-new-program-announced-today/79481154/
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Re: Verizon discount for Vets
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 158417
There is a discount with Verizon for vets - I have it on my account. I've had it long enough to not remember the details about what is needed to get the discount (probably a copy of the infamous DD214).

Of course at my age, I don't remember a lot of details, haha.

Robert "Barry" O'Neil - or Barry "O"

06MB-Ruby Red
2006 27' MidBath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 158418
You are correct, Barry. A copy of the DD214 has to be submitted to get the discount. I'm not sure of the current process.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 158429
Presenting the DD 214 at a Verizon Company Store to get the discount (which was 15% off service not equipment) was simple. You might want to redact the SSN on the DD 214.

A heads-up though, it expires and has to be renewed  every 2 years I believe.

Pat

2000 MB "Flo"
2000 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 158433
Verizon sends a notice when the military discount needs to be renewed. At least that's what I experienced.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 158486
They (VZW and ATT) offer discounts to many large employers, not just the military.  I currently get at 24% discount from AT&T through my wife's employer.

I have the same employer noted on my Verizon plan, but I only have data only devices on Verizon, so the Verizon discount doesn't do anything for me.

-Dave '06 MB, Indianapolis