Skip to main content
Topic: Ready to Hit the Road (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic
Ready to Hit the Road
Yahoo Message Number: 158400
Gas at low prices, weather temperatures for the next few days in the 60's and 70's, so we gotta go.  We had winterized our LD with compressed air so that if better weather came our way, we could un-winterize and be gone in short order.  This was our first time to un-winterize and once again this ole' forum helped us look like we knew what we were doing.  (I might add that DW was impressed with DH!)  We installed a new hot water tank plug and followed all the guidance on how to charge the water heater.   And our LD got a really good cleaning inside and outside.  Everything worked as it's suppose to and NO LEAKS.

Looks like our winter lasted about 4 1/2 weeks, so with our finger crossed we might not have to winterize after this next 4 day trip.  So right now, everything in our 6-wheel home is working and that makes us happy as a Pig in *Shoe Polish*.

We (well actually me) still gets a bit nervous before each new learning step and for that matter, each trip.  I suppose it will take more time and many more trips to begin to relax about managing and traveling in a 6 ton vehicle.  Nevertheless, DW and I are feeling a bit more ready for a 6-week trip to parts north in May and June with 10 days at the Madison Campground in Yellowstone.  We continue to be grateful for the lifewithalazydazerv Safety Net, which I know has helped to keep us out of serious trouble.

Ed & Margee Fort Worth