Skip to main content
Topic: The passing of Bob Moore (Read 37 times) previous topic - next topic
The passing of Bob Moore
Yahoo Message Number: 158143
It's with sadness that I announce the death of Forum member and my friend, Bob Moore.
He died last week after severals years of ill heath, fighting cancer.
He was quite a character and will be missed.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: The passing of Bob Moore
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 158144
I am so sorry to read this. He posted frequently, and I have learned a lot from his generous sharing of of all things LD. I was beginning to feel like I knew him. Condolences to you, his family and friends.

Denise

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 158145
Sorry to learn of Bob's passing. He seemed to enjoy "Life with a Lazy Daze"  so much and it sounded like he was looking forward to his souped up Jeep you were working on.

Peace, Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 158146
We're so terribly sad to hear about Bob.  He helped us several times in recent months to include which LD might be the best for us.  We could tell he was really looking forward to Morro Bay, which he said was one of his favorite gatherings.  We will keep Bob in our prayers.  Rest in peace amigo.

Ed & Margee

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 158147
My heart aches with this very sad news. I was very concerned at his absence in the recent threads.
 Every time I use my Pyromid I will think of him. I had always hoped to meet up with him at an outing. Now my wait will be a bit longer.

My best wishes to all his family and friends.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 158148
Wow, what shocking news. Bob was one of the folks I followed and emailed separately away from the forum. He got me a great price on new spark plugs for me to install on the 2003 RB I bought in the Fall of 2014. He introduced me to Rock Auto as a place to get parts at a great price. I was looking forward to meeting him in the coming months. I'll miss his stories about his travels and his Jeep! Thanks for sharing the news with us Larry.

Fred

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 158149
I was really looking forward to meeting him. We both had stroked Cherokee's, TK's and liked boondocking in the desert. His post's will be missed.
1997 TK

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 158151
Very sorry to hear about Bob, we were looking forward to meeting him at Morro Bay. His knowledge, which he was always willing to share, and humor will be greatly missed.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Ian & Jean 27 MB "Silver Fox" Seattle
2015 MB

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 158152
I am so sorry to hear this - I felt like I had really gotten to "know" Bob from following his posts on this forum.  It was always fun to hear what he was having for lunch, for dinner - he sounded like a man who knew how to live!

Jan
2005 Mid Bath

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 158154
So sorry to hear - we emailed frequently re food, cooking, favorite places.  in one of his last emails mid-December Bob said "I have a few medical issues to take care of then will head for Borrego.  Probably around Feb.  Hope to arrive around mid Feb. and celebrate my birthday."

Condolences to family.

RIP Bob - will wish you Happy Birthday mid-February

Barb
1992 22' TK

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 158155
I was a reader here for a long time before joining the group. I read many of Bob's posts. He was always so smart and so helpful. I'm very sorry for this news. My condolences to his family for your tremendous loss.  He will be missed by many.

Mimi

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
From:"lw5315us@... [lifewithalazydazerv]" Date:Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 3:21 PM Subject:[LD] The passing of Bob Moore

It's with sadness that I announce the death of Forum member and my friend, Bob Moore.
He died last week after severals years of ill heath, fighting cancer.
He was quite a character and will be missed.

Larry
Save a life.
Adopting a pet is the closest a human
will ever come to choosing a relative.

hsus.org  aspca.org
1992 Lazy Daze T/K  23.5' Ford 460 c.i.d./7.6 liter V8 engine, electronic fuel injection, E4OD 4-speed auto transmission
Full time 6/2017

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 158157
Larry,
 I am sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I did not know him well except the few times we met up in Q.  I sympathize with you as it is always difficult when losing a close friend.

Jim Melvin

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 158158
Barb, I too was the recipient of Bob's famous boondocking information and restaurants to check out, especially on the OR coast.  He was a colorful character with lots of spunk, soul and kindness.  Although his passing was waaay too soon, he sure knew how to live life to the fullest.  Damn!

Lorna
2003 RB

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 158159
Regret hearing the news on Bob's passing.
 We're new members to this group and enjoyed seeing and learning from many of his emails. I think ubiquitous comes to mind along with his many references to Mexican food.

Rest in Peace Mr. LD.

John

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 158163
I'm very sorry to hear of Bob's passing. Although he had been ill for some time, I know that he still looked forward to going and doing, getting his bored-out Jeep back on the trails, blasting around his bike, and enjoying his pizza, beer, and tamales. I will remember Bob as generous, loyal, and willing and ready to help.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 158173
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I loved reading his frequent posts and wish I'd had the opportunity to meet him in person. Condolences to all his family and friends.
-Shannon

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 158174
Imran, I do have some photos of Bob, taken at the Morro Bay GTG in March, 2014.  I just posted one of them. Bob is the gentleman sitting down; standing next to him is Larry Wade.  I'll have to get authorization from other people in other photos before posting them.

Lorna, Santa Cruz for now
2003 RB

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 158176
We traded comments on and off the boards for some time. I was looking forward to meeting in person at Morro Bay this year.  Sad for the lost opportunity.  Condolences to his family and friends.
Joel
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 158292
OMG, I just saw the post of Bob Moore's passing. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. He was full of information and he really looked up to Larry. R I P Bob, you will be greatly missed.

JO

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 158302
As a newbie, Bob was as gracious and helpful to me as others have found him to be. I have read his postings and seen how respected he was by many members. I am sorry our relationship was of such a short duration.
Sandy KalleAnka 96 TK Vt